Stone Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a bit tedious now like. Fans waited 20+ years to see them and now it seems they're doing more live gigs than than some fans can afford to keep up with.

It's good to see them dropping down to smaller venues though, it'll be better than watching them in a stadium

Would love to see them play a small venue. big venues are utterly terrible.

Would love to see them play a small venue. big venues are utterly terrible.
They are.

I saw Paul McCartney at Live 8 and the whole thing gave me a hangover and made me want to go to sleep.

I took my mam to see him for her birthday a few years ago at the O2 in Liverpool, it was the smallest gig he'd ever played in Liverpool since the Beatles played the Cavern. Words can't describe how utterly brilliant it was.

They are.

I saw Paul McCartney at Live 8 and the whole thing gave me a hangover and made me want to go to sleep.

I took my mam to see him for her birthday a few years ago at the O2 in Liverpool, it was the smallest gig he'd ever played in Liverpool since the Beatles played the Cavern. Words can't describe how utterly brilliant it was.

See the zutons at independent in town about 8 years ago (??) it was outstanding. came away feeling like id been playing on stage with them.

Would love to see the roses play that sort of gig, the stones do a small gig playing old school tunes. we can but dream!

Would've been tempted with this if it wasn't midweek. Leeds arena is class, and the standing area isn't really very big so you'd feel close to the stage.

£72 is crazy though, I bet that's without booking fees etc too. For that I'd much rather pay the extra and go to Glastonbury to see them there when they inevitably announce they're playing.

going to see them next week at the sydney opera house concert hall. only 6000 capacity, 135 pounds sterling a ticket.

Ideally want to see them again next year but I agree with the sentiments that it's becoming a bit overkill now. Seen them at Heaton Park, Glasgow Green and the Etihad so wouldn't mind seeing them an indoor gig. Might see if I can pick up a spare ticket for Leeds nearer the time.

They're really killing their own legend.

I used to rate their first album as the best of all time when i was in my late teens and early 20s. But as time passes I've came to realise that although it's still great, the fact that most fans only like 50% of their albums renders them nowhere near the all time greats.

They're turning into a one of the nostalgia acts that ceaselessly tour to keep the money coming in, like Madness, The Who, The Rolling Stones.
The only difference is that the stone roses only have about 20 decent songs to choose from.
Second Coming has a few decent moments but if it was put out by another band it was just be regarded as a half decent album from the 90s.

The mystique around them was key to what kept them interesting to people for years after they'd packed in.
Now they're just a band of middle aged blokes playing to middle aged blokes in bucket hats.
I really loved the band, but as every year of gigs passes I lose a bit of respect and their status diminishes.

They need to shite or get off the pot.

They're really killing their own legend.

I used to rate their first album as the best of all time when i was in my late teens and early 20s. But as time passes I've came to realise that although it's still great, the fact that most fans only like 50% of their albums renders them nowhere near the all time greats.

They're turning into a one of the nostalgia acts that ceaselessly tour to keep the money coming in, like Madness, The Who, The Rolling Stones.

They need to shite or get off the pot.
Why would you want to get off a pot if the pot was made of gold?

Price of gig tickets at the moment is a piss-take.

Radiohead are another one. 80 quid this time round, paid £42 to see them in 2008 at Old Trafford cricket ground and £33 to see them in 2003 at the MEN Arena.

Price of gig tickets at the moment is a piss-take.

Radiohead are another one. 80 quid this time round, paid £42 to see them in 2008 at Old Trafford cricket ground and £33 to see them in 2003 at the MEN Arena.
easy option is don't pay it. plenty of great bands at small venues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back