State Of Play 23/24 Part IIII January Window

Coeus

Striker
Morning All, looking at the squad as the window slamming approaches, thought it may be interesting to lay the squad out.

GK: Patterson / Bishop / Young
RB: Hume / Pembele / Huggins* /
RCB: (Aggressor) Ballard / Triantis / Johnson /
LCB: (Ball Player) Seelt / O'Nien
LB: Cirkin* / Alese / Taylor / Hjelde?
RCM: Neil / Matete / Rigg
LCM: Ekwah / Evans*
CAM: Bellingham / Dack / Adil / Pritchard / Embleton*
RW: Roberts / Bennette / Watson
LW: Clarke / Ba
STR: Rusyn / Burstow / Hemir / Mayenda /

Squad Total: 32
Currently Injured: 4
Total Requiring Registration Due To Age: 19

Personally, I think the search for a further striker is a bit of amadness and that the focus would need to be on getting rid of Pritchard and bringing in a cdm and winger.

Morning All, looking at the squad as the window slamming approaches, thought it may be interesting to lay the squad out.

Personally, I think the search for a further striker is a bit of amadness and that the focus would need to be on getting rid of Pritchard and bringing in a cdm and winger.
You ITK? 👀

7 injured. hugguns,cirkin, alese,evans,dack, roberts, embleton.

Logon or register to see this image

My apologies, I had assumed Aji and Roberts were back shortly(are they not?), hadn't even heard that Dack was injured, assumed it was his natural state.
Im hoping that dack is moved on to bring in someone a bit more mobile and dynamic. I just don't see the point in him because he was never an improvement on what we already have. Maybe he could go to brum.

Im hoping that dack is moved on to bring in someone a bit more mobile and dynamic. I just don't see the point in him because he was never an improvement on what we already have. Maybe he could go to brum.

Id swap him and Pritch for a defensive mid and then place the rest of the cam's in the cm and winger pool. Not heard anything of a cdm so far though.

Taylor, Johnson, Matete and Embleton won't play for us this season. And in all likelihood won't play for us again.

We're desperate for a winger and a defensive minder central midfielder more than anywhere else on the pitch imo. Hopefully Amad clears up the winger problem. Club won't buy or even loan a CDM imo

Our strikers have scored a grand total of 2 goals between four of them in six months and you think searching for a competent forward is madness ? 🤦🏻

One thing you can rely on with Speakman, unless its bang on with Amad, is that anyone who does come in will be:

1. Cheap
2. No fee involved
3. No one will have heard of.
4. Injury Prone,
5. Not to take a position we really need players for.

No one is going to take any of our injured players.....unless one of the them is 20 goal a season CF

Our strikers have scored a grand total of 2 goals between four of them in six months and you think searching for a competent forward is madness ? 🤦🏻

We've 4 of them already, 5 if you count Jobe. Regardless of your opinion of them, thats how we've spent our money and it would be rediculous to just stock pile players.

Also I think your point would hold more weight had they played a lot more and we created chances for them, plus not allowing time to acclimatise, I mean just how much money do you figure we'd have to spend on one and exactly how good would they be?

Bringing in Dack when we desperately needed a ready made DCM was an amateurish decision to make. I'm still holding out hope for one, but the club seem to be happy to ignore it.

For whatever reason they appear to not to see it like we do so its daft to hold them account to something they aren't doing, if you know what I mean.
People have been brain washed. Seems the less we spend the better to some.

Why would spending more / losing more be better? What an odd opinion to hold.

For whatever reason they appear to not to see it like we do so its daft to hold them account to something they aren't doing, if you know what I mean.

Why would spending more / losing more be better? What an odd opinion to hold.
Who said anything about losing ? Now thats an odd opinion.

Back