Speakman

Of course they are. Funny I didn't hear criticisms that this when we were playing dazzling football and winning games last season. I wonder why
I'm not talking about last season I'm referring to this season none of the recent young lads we signed in the last window have stepped up and improved the first team they all look totally devoid of any confidence and can't get in the team and even when they're on the bench they're lucky if they get a sniff. How must those players feel when a manager has them sat on the bench but then is coming out and saying they are too young to make an impact so there's no point in bringing them on. How does that help a young players confidence and growth?

I'll ask everyone again

The club is in a far better place with Speakman than before he arrived. Yes? Come on let's have a honest yes or no?
Speakman has some pluses in recruiting undoubtedly. Ballard, Clarke, Hume, Ekwah for example all look good additions.

It may well be that his budgetary limitations have prevented him bringing in a competent forward but he’s undoubtedly failed in this area.

The thing that annoys me the most is the drivel he spouts and expects people to believe.

This obsession with progression (sack Mowbray and appoint Beale)

Sunderland don’t play with a number nine (and how it’s cost us)

The 360 on Pritchard and how he’s suddenly invaluable when they tried every which way to get him out last summer.

I could go on but I just can’t trust a word he says

The coach who was still here in December you mean
The club is in a far better place with Speakman than before he arrived. Yes? Come on let's have a honest yes or no?
Of course we are in a better shape than 2 years ago when Speakman came in! We have gone from being a mid table and dour a league 1 team with players who had no asset value.

Now we are disappointed that we are only a top half championship team. The recruitment of players like Clarke, Ballard, Hume, Roberts, Jobe, Ekwah would all generate a decent transfer fee. The recruitment of the 4 young strikers have so far not paid off. Their combined fee would not match the purchase fee of Will Grigg - and the three permanent recruits have time on their side.

Getting shot of Ross Stewart for 12 million plus add ons was the best piece of business the club has done in 15 years!

On the recruitment of managers - there is a consensus that both Neil and Mowbray ( who were not positively received by the fans) were excellent appointments. The jury is clearly still out on Beale, and I’m personally not impressed with how Beale has handled himself and I’m not confident he’ll turn it round.Mistakes happen n football and business and some people just don’t fit! If the decline continues under Beale I will assess KLD and Speakman on their speed of action. An interesting month ahead for sure.

Just listening to his interview on the audio stream regarding too many young players…
“We resigned 09, we signed Baath, Pritchard and Evans…..”

Words fail me they really do

It’s true
🤣 Course it's not man.
It's been done to death on here.
It was in one click bait thing - football insider.
And the club and KS came out to strenuously deny it.
It would be easy to see in club accounts if true. Would be easy for journalists to prove

The fact that people will believe anything on the net on one awful clickbait account without doing any other research is really worrying.
I'm not talking about last season I'm referring to this season none of the recent young lads we signed in the last window have stepped up and improved the first team they all look totally devoid of any confidence and can't get in the team and even when they're on the bench they're lucky if they get a sniff. How must those players feel when a manager has them sat on the bench but then is coming out and saying they are too young to make an impact so there's no point in bringing them on. How does that help a young players confidence and growth?
Bellingham?

Last edited:

Back