Southgate doesn't want it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why Southgate is saying he doesn't want it. They should take him out of the U21 job in that case as their public strategy has been to develop the next manager within the system.

Shearer and Neville totally fucked up their only attempts at management and Rio has no experience whatsoever, top shout, what could possibly go wrongFFS

To be fair the job of an international manager idnt

Isn't the same as in club football. Look at Ranieri.
Incredibly limited coaching time.
Limited ability to mould the squad.
And with England, massive expectations.

You may as well pick Curly, Mo and Sue...

Mild... although mould works as well :)

Last edited:
They're 3 gobshites from the half time bit who's only experience of practicing what they preach has been abject failure. It'd be the same old with those three in charge.

How about Ranieri? He has a grasp of how successful teams are playing to succeed and has a wealth of knowledge. He had Leicester playing precisely how I'd like to see England play.

For me Ranieri would be a massive risk, he's had a fairly mediocre managerial career until he happened to hit it off at Leicester. Other than that he's managed some decent sized clubs and never done much of note. His one international management attempt was an unmitigated disaster. I think sometimes managers just have one place where, for whatever reason, it all comes together. For him that's Leicester, and fair play to him for it, but I wouldn't put much faith in him managing to replicate his success and get England punching above their weight

Arsene is the man like.

I'd hate to see Wenger get it, think he'd be a disaster

Good. I say we should get Shearer, Rio and Neville together and give it to them as a threesome I really think it could work. We have no stand out candidate so why not, let's have something different for a change I doubt the likes of Shearer and Co would let the FA influence their team selection and what have you.
If it's a threesome swap Shearer and Neville for Lampard and Dyer...

Managers like Sam and Ranieri do their best work when they have unlimited coaching time to get their ideas/system of play across to the players. The exact opposite of what international management is. Ranieri was dreadful as manager of Greece. It probably needs someone more like Ancelotti or Pellegrini.

Mind you, part of me would love to see Klinsmann get it, if only for the meltdown amongst the England supporters who still haven't cottoned on that the Second World War finished 71 years ago ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back