Should The Walcott be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Wen get has stifled him by persisting him on right wing. The lad is very cool infront of goal and in 2007 league cup finap when scoring against Chelsea as a striker, I thought world was at his feet.
He got 21 goals in his last injury free season. Played in the centre for a lot of it.

Should play out wide cutting in, exactly like he does.
He's not strong enough to play through the middle.
Everyone thought he'd be like Henry after a few seasons. But Henry was big and strong when he moved inside, as well as being fast!
He scores and creates so much from out wide it makes no sense to move him.

Aye, he's nee Michael Owen.

Aye, he's nee Michael Owen.
I was gonna say aye he's not, but by Walcott's age Owen had already been at Real Madrid and just moved to Newcastle. Compare the two of them at 25 and i'd say Walcott is the better player.

Also on a side note; can't believe Owen and RVP moved to Man Utd at the same age. You can blame injuries for Owen but RVP didn't have an injury free season himself till he was about 28. As youngsters Owen had far more potential, i remember RVP being described as a jumped-up Arjen Robben when he first moved to Arsenal.

I was gonna say aye he's not, but by Walcott's age Owen had already been at Real Madrid and just moved to Newcastle. Compare the two of them at 25 and i'd say Walcott is the better player.

Also on a side note; can't believe Owen and RVP moved to Man Utd at the same age. You can blame injuries for Owen but RVP didn't have an injury free season himself till he was about 28. As youngsters Owen had far more potential, i remember RVP being described as a jumped-up Arjen Robben when he first moved to Arsenal.

Walcott was going no where until his contract was coming to an end at Arsenal, he kicked on as a player to where I thought he should've been quite a number of years ago, I actually didn't think he would turn out the way he has and thought he'd have wasted his talent.

I'd be worried if I was a centre half and he was playing through the middle, very worried, not sure why you feel you need strength to be a centre forward, maybes you're thinking of our style of football and not Arsenals.

Walcott was going no where until his contract was coming to an end at Arsenal, he kicked on as a player to where I thought he should've been quite a number of years ago, I actually didn't think he would turn out the way he has and thought he'd have wasted his talent.

I'd be worried if I was a centre half and he was playing through the middle, very worried, not sure why you feel you need strength to be a centre forward, maybes you're thinking of our style of football and not Arsenals.
I think you've misjudged what i'm trying to say, i don't you need strength to be a CF at all. I think through the middle Walcott's pace stretches play and makes defences sit deep which provides a lot of room for a decent number 10 to operate in.

For me the Walcott/Rooney partnership should have happened years ago for England. Probably after his Croatia hat-trick.

I think you've misjudged what i'm trying to say, i don't you need strength to be a CF at all. I think through the middle Walcott's pace stretches play and makes defences sit deep which provides a lot of room for a decent number 10 to operate in.

For me the Walcott/Rooney partnership should have happened years ago for England. Probably after his Croatia hat-trick.

I did, I never took notice that it wasn't you I quoted the initial post off. :lol:
Must pay more attention. ;)

Walcotts goals against new castle last season show how composed he is

It depends on formation. But personally if you are lightweight then you won't be as good up top on your own. If you have a partnership like owen had, and phillips had then you can get away with it. But 2 centre halves sitting on top of walcott should be able to keep him quiet.
When he is on the wing he can stretch defences, easier, can get in behind the defence if the full back pushes on and still drift inside.

think he is a colossal waste of time, money and energy for arsenal. the guy is made of glass and they could spend the money better elsewhere , a few times a season he will ping a couple of goals in, usually against shite teams like us , but overall he is a tainio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back