Should The Walcott be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Live In Hope

I think Wen get has stifled him by persisting him on right wing. The lad is very cool infront of goal and in 2007 league cup finap when scoring against Chelsea as a striker, I thought world was at his feet.

He should be an out-and-out striker by now. Think he should leave Arsenal to become this as it'll never happen now with Welbeck there. Injuries haven't helped mind.

Ya think?

My memory is of him getting a nosebleed when in front of goal 8 out of 10 times. Cool isn't a word I'd use to describe his striking prowess.
He can however run fast. He's in the Aaron Lennon mould IMO

He has far far more about him than Lennon ever has or will have. His injuries have screwed him, his goals and assists record when fit from the wing is very impressive

Should play out wide cutting in, exactly like he does.
He's not strong enough to play through the middle.
Everyone thought he'd be like Henry after a few seasons. But Henry was big and strong when he moved inside, as well as being fast!
He scores and creates so much from out wide it makes no sense to move him.

He has far far more about him than Lennon ever has or will have. His injuries have screwed him, his goals and assists record when fit from the wing is very impressive
I think he is really good infront of goal imo

Injuries have not helped, but perfectly suited to the right side of the 433 system that seems to be popular at the minute.

Should play out wide cutting in, exactly like he does.
He's not strong enough to play through the middle.
Everyone thought he'd be like Henry after a few seasons. But Henry was big and strong when he moved inside, as well as being fast!
He scores and creates so much from out wide it makes no sense to move him.
Henry was slithery in the box and got stronger the closer he got to goal. Walcott is speedy but doesn't have that strong slipperiness Henry had which made him one of the best ever.

His best assets are pace and finishing.

He should be playing as a striker.

You wouldn't stick young Michael Owen on the wing would you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back