Shootings in Paris

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you? Or have you just made that up because it fits your narrative? I take it you've surveyed, or someone has, a statistically relevant sample of Muslims to arrive at that conclusion?
Yes, I can be pretty certain. All Muslims are brought up to believe muhammad was the most perfect person. You obviously don't know much about muslims.

Calm down mate. Can't you see why asking all Muslims what they're doing to stop extremists is as insulting as it is insane?
Why would they be insulted? To stamp out racist behaviour at football grounds, everyone is encouraged to point people out who they suspect/have seen/heard saying something. This is classed as a way forward to stamp it out, but if we ask for the same when it involves actual mass killing, we could insult the Muslims who hate these lot, who are tarnishing their religion? Seems fair.I don't mean i want them all taking to the streets but they should be doing their all to try to give information (If they have any) of anything related to hate preaching/Terrorist activity.

Either the media are at fault or the Muslim population are being very quite in condemning these atrocities.

Some French Muslims have just been on the news there condemning the attack. One of them was shocked the question was being asked, as if it should be a given. I posted a link earlier of the secretary general of the only organisation remotely like a central authority on Islam condemning the attacks in the strongest possible terms.

Yes, I can be pretty certain. All Muslims are brought up to believe muhammad was the most perfect person. You obviously don't know much about muslims.

I'm afraid my emboldening was somewhat truncated there. I was referring more to the 'would do almost anything' part.

Asserting your masculinity and dominating a woman is not the same as doing it in the name of manhood.
It is a stupid and errrant comparison
Only if you miss the point in the first place. It's not about the cause - I'm asking you to consider what it's like to be associated with something you disagree with purely because of one shared characteristic.

Err..I thought it was just nasty, bullying scumbags who needed a weaker outlet for their anger.

But let's take your feminist theory into account.....
Asserting your masculinity and dominating a woman is not the same as doing it in the name of manhood.
It is a stupid and errrant comparison

Which is explicitly linked to their perception of themselves as men.

It doesn't need to be in the name of anything, it's linked to maleness so males should be guilty by association, no?

Well, of course, they shouldn't. Just as Muslims who don't want other Muslims to kill people shouldn't be guilty by association.

Adults having debates shouldn't resort to insults and name calling. They put across their point of view and defend it with facts and opinions.

2 blokes above are having some random tiff about Facebook, both as bad as each other and without reading muliple posts I haven't got a clue who's in the right or wrong? That's a bit different to what happened earlier. I could ban them both or do nowt...

I don't ban people for nowt, thanks.

Well said.

Some French Muslims have just been on the news there condemning the attack. One of them was shocked the question was being asked, as if it should be a given. I posted a link earlier of the secretary general of the only organisation remotely like a central authority on Islam condemning the attacks in the strongest possible terms.
I stand corrected, however I'm on the wine and the Mrs is doing my nut in.

Why would they be insulted? To stamp out racist behaviour at football grounds, everyone is encouraged to point people out who they suspect/have seen/heard saying something. This is classed as a way forward to stamp it out, but if we ask for the same when it involves actual mass killing, we could insult the Muslims who hate these lot, who are tarnishing their religion? Seems fair.I don't mean i want them all taking to the streets but they should be doing their all to try to give information (If they have any) of anything related to hate preaching/Terrorist activity.
Why aren't you marching against football related violence then? Have you joined Kick It Out? Or is it patently bloody obvious that you don't advocate violence just because you're a football fan.

I'm afraid my emboldening was somewhat truncated there. I was referring more to the 'would do almost anything' part.
Okay, yes if you told your average muslim that muhammad was a bit of a cad, they would get very angry and possibly assault you. You only have to see the interviews of the "moderates" condemning Charlie Hebdo with the proviso that the magazine shouldn't have insulted their prophet though.

Only if you miss the point in the first place. It's not about the cause - I'm asking you to consider what it's like to be associated with something you disagree with purely because of one shared characteristic.

I agree and it must be incredibly frustrating and annoying to say the least.
However, if someone did something murderous in the name of what I held dear,
then I would make sure that everyone would know about my disgust at those people.

Okay, yes if you told your average muslim that muhammad was a bit of a cad, they would get very angry and possibly assault you. You only have to see the interviews of the "moderates" condemning Charlie Hebdo with the proviso that the magazine shouldn't have insulted their prophet though.

There's an awful lot of 'possibly' going on there. I.e. you don't know.

There's an awful lot of 'possibly' going on there. I.e. you don't know.
I know how much muslims 'love ' muhammad, in some cases more than their own family. It is one of the most important things to them. Look at how they went on about the cartoons ffs, or how many of them descended on downing street demanding blasphemy laws were reinstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back