See that was the skunks 10th defeat by 3 or more this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPUFF

Striker
Certainly a strange, unpredictable outfit.

For the record we`ve managed just 5 but spent the entire year beneath them in the table more or less.

Anyway, hopefully its 11 come Sunday, 13 by the new year! :lol:

That's amazing really. It's probably 1/4 of the games they've played.

Arsenal and Spurs have just showed everyone how to play them. Show them no respect and attack them and they'll likely cave in. The centre of their defence is as weak as piss and their keeper looks a bag of nerves. An early goal against them would have the anti Pardew lot straight on their backs and have their players under even more pressure which would play into our hands. The question is, do we have the nerve to take the game to them? If we don't and invite them onto us we'll make them look a much better side than they really are. Their weak spot is their defence, I hope we set out to exploit it.

Arsenal and Spurs have just showed everyone how to play them. Show them no respect and attack them and they'll likely cave in. The centre of their defence is as weak as piss and their keeper looks a bag of nerves. An early goal against them would have the anti Pardew lot straight on their backs and have their players under even more pressure which would play into our hands. The question is, do we have the nerve to take the game to them? If we don't and invite them onto us we'll make them look a much better side than they really are. Their weak spot is their defence, I hope we set out to exploit it.
The question that worries me the most is do we have someone to put the ball in the net

The question that worries me the most is do we have someone to put the ball in the net
It makes no difference if we don't get in the right areas enough. Create enough chances and we'll likely score. After watching their keeper last night, Gus's instructions should be to shoot on sight if a chance presents itself and have somebody on the move following in.

It makes no difference if we don't get in the right areas enough. Create enough chances and we'll likely score. After watching their keeper last night, Gus's instructions should be to shoot on sight if a chance presents itself and have somebody on the move following in.
I agree, but either poyets not keen on them shooting from distance or the players aren't confident enough to cos we very rarely do it

Gus will be safety first. Those Southampton scars are still raw.

Gus will be safety first. Those Southampton scars are still raw.
I probably make you right but that'll be playing into their hands imo. Against the likes of Chelsea and City, yes its a great plan but we were hardly on the front foot at QPR, Burnley and West Brom and it that approach didn't really do us a lot of favours in those games either. I'm not saying attack willy-nilly but let's not show them unfounded respect and play our game higher up the pitch.

I probably make you right but that'll be playing into their hands imo. Against the likes of Chelsea and City, yes its a great plan but we were hardly on the front foot at QPR, Burnley and West Brom and it that approach didn't really do us a lot of favours in those games either. I'm not saying attack willy-nilly but let's not show them unfounded respect and play our game higher up the pitch.
Agreed. I'd like us to show some attacking intent on sunday. They're fragile and their fans will get agitated if we're on top/ahead.

Agreed. I'd like us to show some attacking intent on sunday. They're fragile and their fans will get agitated if we're on top/ahead.
The thing is, they've just had games against Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs where they have had to do a hell of a lot of defending and after a while that kind of approach starts becoming ingrained and its hard to get out of (that's also a worry I have for us too). What I'm saying is, I'd like us to take the game to them early on and try to keep their mindset in "defend mode". There's no doubt they'll be looking to get out of the blocks against us too and if we give them an inch in the first five minutes and retreat to the edge of our box then I think we'll be making harder work for ourselves.

Be an interesting game on Sunday, seeing as their game revolves around teams coming onto them, and ours revolves around sitting back

People absolutely wet themselves over their miraculous run, but if you look at it critically it wasn't that impressive.

1-0 Leicester home - narrow win against the worst team in the league
2-1 Spurs away - Spurs have been f***ing up at home all season
1-0 Liverpool home - Liverpool are shite
0-2 WBA away - WBA are shite
1-0 QPR home - QPR are shite
1-1 Burnley away
1-0 Chelsea home - the only really good result of the run, but followed by 4-1 and 4-0 defeats.

They're not very good. Neither are we like.

Be an interesting game on Sunday, seeing as their game revolves around teams coming onto them, and ours revolves around sitting back

Yep it depends who wants it most. They will be desperate not to lose , or even concede after their last two games. Has 0-0 written all over it for me.

People absolutely wet themselves over their miraculous run, but if you look at it critically it wasn't that impressive.

1-1 Burnley away
1-0 Chelsea home - the only really good result of the run, but followed by 4-1 and 4-0 defeats.

Well said. I reckon it'll be a case of "who dares wins" on sunday.

1-1 Burnley away

Very fortunate to beat chelsea also

Well said. I reckon it'll be a case of "who dares wins" on sunday.

Yes and we have least to lose by going for it. If we are brave but controlled like our last two visits there we can win.

The last thing we want to do is take the game to them - especially in the first half. They have a chronic lack of creativity and the majority of the goals they score are on the break, whilst we have no pace in our side. We'd be much better off drawing them onto us. They are at home and have lost the last three derbies - as long as it's 0-0 we are winning. If we are level going into the last half an hour the chances will come.

1-1 Burnley away

The Liverpool result was on the back of a complete defensive howler as well. As was the Chelsea result. They have not dominated any games and actually looked like a good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back