See that was the skunks 10th defeat by 3 or more this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing we want to do is take the game to them - especially in the first half. They have a chronic lack of creativity and the majority of the goals they score are on the break, whilst we have no pace in our side. We'd be much better off drawing them onto us. They are at home and have lost the last three derbies - as long as it's 0-0 we are winning. If we are level going into the last half an hour the chances will come.

The Liverpool result was on the back of a complete defensive howler as well. As was the Chelsea result. They have not dominated any games and actually looked like a good side.
You might well be right about inviting them onto us as that approach has served us well on occasions this season but I'd rather not give them the upper hand. They will be more nervous than us as this is a game they have to win at all costs and we have to do our best to exploit that. If we sit backt and they get an early one, in that atmosphere, things could quickly turn against us. Its a case of who dares wins for me. Like most football matches, we'll get what we deserve at the end of it.

They don't like it up em - but no matter how shite we'd like to think they are never underestimate the fuckers - we need to get into their faces showing no fear with a shoot on sight policy to exploit their young keeper.

With the rub of the green and a bit of luck if we play like we did in the last half hour against West Ham we should have enough in our locker to stuff the. 0-3

Arsenal and Spurs have just showed everyone how to play them. Show them no respect and attack them and they'll likely cave in. The centre of their defence is as weak as piss and their keeper looks a bag of nerves. An early goal against them would have the anti Pardew lot straight on their backs and have their players under even more pressure which would play into our hands. The question is, do we have the nerve to take the game to them? If we don't and invite them onto us we'll make them look a much better side than they really are. Their weak spot is their defence, I hope we set out to exploit it.
Cos I'm sure Liverpool and Chelsea were shitting themselves and showed us too much??? :rolleyes: Should be a manager you, you'd piss the league

They're f*cking shit and we're going to trounce the f*ckers again, just like the last two seasons at their sh*t tip of a ground!!

Haaaaa'waaaaay!!

Can you explain your argument more. I havent got the faintest idea where you're going with this.
Its taken Aresnal and Spurs to suss out 'how to play against us'? So one of the top 3 managers in the world, and last years league runner up couldn't work out what you just have? You should have a word with 'Gus' before the weekend

Its taken Aresnal and Spurs to suss out 'how to play against us'? So one of the top 3 managers in the world, and last years league runner up couldn't work out what you just have? You should have a word with 'Gus' before the weekend
Oh, I get it you're a mag. I can't believe you'd take offence at such harmless remarks. I'm sure you'd like nothing better than us to turn up like shrinking violets, bowing cap in hand at the feet of the 52,000 screaming goerdie nation. Well, that would be playing right into your hands and if we do approach the game in that manner I reckon we might come unstuck. As for Chelsea and Liverpool, like we do sometimes, you got away with it on the day and fair play to you that. You are going through a blip at the moment where your defence and GK look a bag of nerves and as the opposition we have to try and exploit that. As for respect, there's a time to show your opponent respect on a football pitch and that is with a genuine handshake on the final whistle, not before kick off. And if you read between the lines on my comments further in this thread you'll see that in a roundabout way I am indeed showing you some respect and certainly as much as you're going to get from any Sunderland fan pre derby. So let's recap, you're on a Sunderland forum, reading positive comments from Sunderland fans on an upcoming derby. Get over yourself man, it'll be exactly the same on your forum if you'd care to visit it.

Oh, I get it you're a mag. I can't believe you'd take offence at such harmless remarks. I'm sure you'd like nothing better than us to turn up like shrinking violets, bowing cap in hand at the feet of the 52,000 screaming goerdie nation. Well, that would be playing right into your hands and if we do approach the game in that manner I reckon we might come unstuck. As for Chelsea and Liverpool, like we do sometimes, you got away with it on the day and fair play to you that. You are going through a blip at the moment where your defence and GK look a bag of nerves and as the opposition we have to try and exploit that. As for respect, there's a time to show your opponent respect on a football pitch and that is with a genuine handshake on the final whistle, not before kick off. And if you read between the lines on my comments further in this thread you'll see that in a roundabout way I am indeed showing you some respect and certainly as much as you're going to get from any Sunderland fan pre derby. So let's recap, you're on a Sunderland forum, reading positive comments from Sunderland fans on an upcoming derby. Get over yourself man, it'll be exactly the same on your forum if you'd care to visit it.
Offence? No mate, just an observation. Thanks for the respect. I have returned it by not daring to comment on the result of the game on Sunday, as what goes around comes around. I have a gentlemans agreement win, lose or draw not to 'rub it in'.

Offence? No mate, just an observation. Thanks for the respect. I have returned it by not daring to comment on the result of the game on Sunday, as what goes around comes around. I have a gentlemans agreement win, lose or draw not to 'rub it in'.
No need to hold back. Having the piss ripped out of you is part and parcel of this fixture. I've been on either end of it many times and whoever earns the right should make the most of it and as always I'm ready for both, although I really should give it out more than I do nowadays. Guess that's just a sign of getting old.

No need to hold back. Having the piss ripped out of you is part and parcel of this fixture. I've been on either end of it many times and whoever earns the right should make the most of it and as always I'm ready for both, although I really should give it out more than I do nowadays. Guess that's just a sign of getting old.
Disagree, they detest it even more when I sit quietly smug. Haven't done it for a while though :oops:

People absolutely wet themselves over their miraculous run, but if you look at it critically it wasn't that impressive.

1-0 Leicester home - narrow win against the worst team in the league
2-1 Spurs away - Spurs have been f***ing up at home all season
1-0 Liverpool home - Liverpool are shite
0-2 WBA away - WBA are shite
1-0 QPR home - QPR are shite
1-1 Burnley away
1-0 Chelsea home - the only really good result of the run, but followed by 4-1 and 4-0 defeats.

They're not very good. Neither are we like.

5 top flight wins on the spin mind, despite similarly poor oppo we never come remotely close to that.

Seems they either edge a win or get hammered.

Arsenal and Spurs have just showed everyone how to play them. Show them no respect and attack them and they'll likely cave in. The centre of their defence is as weak as piss and their keeper looks a bag of nerves. An early goal against them would have the anti Pardew lot straight on their backs and have their players under even more pressure which would play into our hands. The question is, do we have the nerve to take the game to them? If we don't and invite them onto us we'll make them look a much better side than they really are. Their weak spot is their defence, I hope we set out to exploit it.

That's because they are Arsenal and Spurs and have very good players where attacking is the strength of their teams.

Ours are clearly defence and a solid shape and the mags are their midfield
I make you about right on that but I don't think there's a lot between the sides. On recent performances they do seem to have a weakness/crisis of confidence, in their defence and keeper. We can either choose to try and exploit that the best we can, preferably early on, or we can choose to ignore it and afford them the time on the ball to rebuild their confidence. I'm not saying go gung ho, just engage them higher up the pitch and take it from there. If we start too cagey and sit back, we risk letting them build up a head of steam and in that atmosphere anything can happen and if we get really deep like against Chelsea, then you're only a deflected shot away from conceding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back