Sault - Taking a pop at the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am unsure in which format you would therefore approve of fans displaying their angst at the current dire state of our side; or indeed their ongoing disgust at Lamine Kone.

A strongly worded letter to the club or perhaps a message to #teamkone which is run by a PR company?

That's a valid question. I know what I don't want - the completely self-defeating nature of the examples I gave and I'd be interested in your views on how they might be other than harmful to the team and therefore us as supporters - but you ask how else fans can express angst. Here is one good place to do it, and it's done, as are Twitter, the pub, the workplace, transport to and from games, Echo/Chron websites, even my own tinpot site.

Yep, I accept human nature demands more instant, face-to-face options and Kone probably wouldn't have made out the actual wording. It just seems to me, someone who has endured disappointment for decades but keeps coming back for more when geography allows, that we should be above slagging off individuals in such a way. My own piece on this (http://salutsunderland.com/2016/11/...nemouth-1-2-safc-dont-drive-lamine-kone-away/) was deliberately underplayed to let readers savour all the positive stuff from the same match (I kept the happy smiley match reports higher on the landing page of the site) but DM me if you fancy writing something that puts the other side of the story as it's a legitimate debate given all SAFC supporters have to put up with

That's a valid question. I know what I don't want - the completely self-defeating nature of the examples I gave and I'd be interested in your views on how they might be other than harmful to the team and therefore us as supporters - but you ask how else fans can express angst. Here is one good place to do it, and it's done, as are Twitter, the pub, the workplace, transport to and from games, Echo/Chron websites, even my own tinpot site.

Yep, I accept human nature demands more instant, face-to-face options and Kone probably wouldn't have made out the actual wording. It just seems to me, someone who has endured disappointment for decades but keeps coming back for more when geography allows, that we should be above slagging off individuals in such a way. My own piece on this (http://salutsunderland.com/2016/11/...nemouth-1-2-safc-dont-drive-lamine-kone-away/) was deliberately underplayed to let readers savour all the positive stuff from the same match (I kept the happy smiley match reports higher on the landing page of the site) but DM me if you fancy writing something that puts the other side of the story as it's a legitimate debate given all SAFC supporters have to put up with
A good response. Fair play to you.

Cracking site mate. It's always been a great read.

People have chatted shit for years man, it's just not only down the pub or too mates anymore it's on here or twitter same shit different platform.

The problem is that what you see on the internet is what some clever dick algorithm thinks you want to see. So you have a moan and rant about a subject and your social media news feed gives you moaning and ranting on the same subject. It's why Donald Trump won, people checked him out online and they got more and more internet content about him. It's terrible because it just falsely confirms peoples bias or can lead them down the wrong path from a simple innocent search.

I doubt they can even hear what we chant man, or give a fuck, it's just noise when your in the pitch. I know I once did a pre match show at roker park and couldn't make out a word from the crowd it was all just a wall of noise.
Maybe mate but a few players looked in disbelief at the fans when they sang it according to a thread on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back