Sault - Taking a pop at the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrinkly Pete ? Is that what he calls his cock ??
Well aye.

Am not sure 300 words on one fan aiming some abuse at Stoke fans justifies claiming Sunderland supporters have turned into "boo boys"

The worst start to a Premier League season and that's the end result. Sunderland fans are boo boys and condemnation for perceived 'aggression' towards our fckin shit players.

Hmm.

Sounds like he'd be a f***ing hooooooot at a party like, the were f***ing shite chant is fun self deprecating and removes the power of other fans telling us we are shite. Bloke needs to chill the fuck out a bit like.
I'd be more bothered about the impact chants have on our team than trying to impress opposition fans. That chant is hardly going to help the team.

I'd be more bothered about the impact chants have on our team than trying to impress opposition fans. That chant is hardly going to help the team.
I doubt they can even hear what we chant man, or give a fuck, it's just noise when your in the pitch. I know I once did a pre match show at roker park and couldn't make out a word from the crowd it was all just a wall of noise.

Which is very true but away from the actual match its been elevated to a whole new level.....and that goes for most areas of life.
Absolutely. Which is a theory I have postulated about this place. Opinion swings wildly because the internet allows us to kick off any time we like.

Absolutely. Which is a theory I have postulated about this place. Opinion swings wildly because the internet allows us to kick off any time we like.

The main difference is that no matter how physically weak you may be, or how inept socially you may be you can insult people in language you wouldn't dare use face to face. Previously you would gossip to friends or family but now you have the cloak of virtual anonymity to say whatever you like to the masses about individuals knowing that there is little chance of any repercussions. If everyone had to post on social media with an actual photograph and their address below it they'd think much more about what they said.

Why's this being posted now after a great win?

That smokie at Stoke was class to be fair.

And seats should be ripped up and flung away. Give the first 5 rows to people that have to sit because of medical reasons. Everyone else should stand and sing for the full 90.

If you're caught not singing, you should be booted into the Wear.

I'd just say he's not the only one who's noticed this phenomenon. I was at Bournemouth and, as usual, our fans were generally superb. But the "we're shit" chant had an outing at 0-1 as did , much worse, 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' aimed at Kone after one mistake. Only a relatively small number sang it, but it sounded terrible and demoralising. I'm as angry as anyone about the way Kone's head has been turned but what possible benefit will we ever get from that kind of insult especially at a time when we're under the cosh and looking more likely to concede more than to score ourselves? Don't agree with Wrinkly's whinge about standing, though - I prefer it that way

Well aye.

Am not sure 300 words on one fan aiming some abuse at Stoke fans justifies claiming Sunderland supporters have turned into "boo boys"

The worst start to a Premier League season and that's the end result. Sunderland fans are boo boys and condemnation for perceived 'aggression' towards our fckin shit players.

Hmm.
And he does not like people standing!!

The main difference is that no matter how physically weak you may be, or how inept socially you may be you can insult people in language you wouldn't dare use face to face. Previously you would gossip to friends or family but now you have the cloak of virtual anonymity to say whatever you like to the masses about individuals knowing that there is little chance of any repercussions. If everyone had to post on social media with an actual photograph and their address below it they'd think much more about what they said.
People have chatted shit for years man, it's just not only down the pub or too mates anymore it's on here or twitter same shit different platform.

People have chatted shit for years man, it's just not only down the pub or too mates anymore it's on here or twitter same shit different platform.

My point was exactly that......people have always chatted, insulted and gossiped......the massive difference in the social media age is that these people have a much bigger platform and audience and the cloak of relative anonymity. There's very little accountability for what anyone says.

I'd just say he's not the only one who's noticed this phenomenon. I was at Bournemouth and, as usual, our fans were generally superb. But the "we're shit" chant had an outing at 0-1 as did , much worse, 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' aimed at Kone after one mistake. Only a relatively small number sang it, but it sounded terrible and demoralising. I'm as angry as anyone about the way Kone's head has been turned but what possible benefit will we ever get from that kind of insult especially at a time when we're under the cosh and looking more likely to concede more than to score ourselves? Don't agree with Wrinkly's whinge about standing, though - I prefer it that way
Am unsure in which format you would therefore approve of fans displaying their angst at the current dire state of our side; or indeed their ongoing disgust at Lamine Kone.

A strongly worded letter to the club or perhaps a message to #teamkone which is run by a PR company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back