Running Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, results say 1:51:38 (3 mins slower than Sunderland half :-() but watch 1:51:48 for 13.22m. Set it off too early but official time seems about a minute slower than I was expecting (and with my average pace). Not that it makes a huge difference like but yano.

The GNR has been like that for years. Brilliant event but not one to hope for a PB if you're serious about running.

anyone mid pack expecting a PB must only run this one HM every year.
haven't run it for years but clearly too crowded with half wits incapable of reading their race instructions regarding starting places.
for a good flat HM try redcar in a couple of weeks time. only £25 and a good chance of s good time so long as the wind doesnt get up.
on the up side you can be back in your car in 10 mins, bad side is its still Redcar.

I was in orange b this year, pb for any hm with 1:37:18. Took 7 minutes off last year's gnr. Makes a massive difference starting right at the front
Aye it does - I was orange c and late. Took about 8 mins to get over the line and loads of traffic ahead....still enjoyed it and a steady 1.44 in the bank

Aye it does - I was orange c and late. Took about 8 mins to get over the line and loads of traffic ahead....still enjoyed it and a steady 1.44 in the bank

Even just being in b helped. We were at the line after 2 min. Not sure if there was barriers in each pen or not, I was next to a lad with c on and a few green numbers

2:15 for me which I'm happy with for my first HM. Was in the pink zone and started just as Mo finished! Congestion was bad all race... even passed orange numbers before the bridge!!

haven't run it for years but clearly too crowded with half wits incapable of reading their race instructions regarding starting places.
for a good flat HM try redcar in a couple of weeks time. only £25 and a good chance of s good time so long as the wind doesnt get up.
on the up side you can be back in your car in 10 mins, bad side is its still Redcar.

Got the Haltwhistle and whitley bay to newcastle half marathons in the next few weeks which i am looking forward too.

Just hope its a bit cooler as i really struggle in the warm weather

I was in White F so got a good draw
2 miles in my knee went, which was always a strong possibility, as I had missed lots of training due to it and have been taking pain killers to cope with it.
Had to walk most between 2-4 miles and then was able to run nearly all of the rest.
2 hours 20 minutes which I am happy with when I only managed 5 miles in training! Although I had wanted under 2 hours my training was no where near good enough.

this - gnr is overprices bollox mainly for those wanting to get on telly or who run 1-2 races a year and start 'training' - the week before :) So many better races around the region for half the price.

Can I pick your brains on something?
One of the many things I struggle with is feeding. Did you personally have to work on it or did you find that you can eat anything? I want to do ultras but on long runs I forget to eat until the point where I just can't face anything. I lose the appetite for sweet things quickly too.
its like anything - you need to train yourself to do it. If you try to run 50 miles or more and not eat you'll have a devil of a day !! I dnt like gels so tend to eat real food but its very much trial and error.

this - gnr is overprices bollox mainly for those wanting to get on telly or who run 1-2 races a year and start 'training' - the week before :) So many better races around the region for half the price.

its like anything - you need to train yourself to do it. If you try to run 50 miles or more and not eat you'll have a devil of a day !! I dnt like gels so tend to eat real food but its very much trial and error.

Kind of agree. But for me te GNR is more of an event than a race. If you accept it as that , it's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back