Running Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah first time for me. Feeling a bit nervous... Struggled to run 10 miles last week but that was after eating no food all day. Hoping to finish in less than 2:30. I'm in the second from last zone (k I think)

Anybody doing GNR on Sunday ? It's thankfully cooled down and conditions look decent for the race. . . be nice to have a 50mph westerly though :)
It's a decent forecast mate , you will do well, I'm still mentally scarred when you told me the Brampton t Carlisle forecast last year

Good luck everyone running tomorrow

1 or 2 here and there yes.
Can I pick your brains on something?
One of the many things I struggle with is feeding. Did you personally have to work on it or did you find that you can eat anything? I want to do ultras but on long runs I forget to eat until the point where I just can't face anything. I lose the appetite for sweet things quickly too.

Can I pick your brains on something?
One of the many things I struggle with is feeding. Did you personally have to work on it or did you find that you can eat anything? I want to do ultras but on long runs I forget to eat until the point where I just can't face anything. I lose the appetite for sweet things quickly too.
Am no expert but when I done the lakes 55k, my first ultra, i just drank flat coke, sarnies, nuts, crisps n sweets, they were good feed stations tho. In them runs you could walk for a few minutes after, i never felt sickly.

It's a decent forecast mate , you will do well, I'm still mentally scarred when you told me the Brampton t Carlisle forecast last year

Good luck everyone running tomorrow
Cheers mate, aye that run was in the midst of storm Barney :)

Running GNR tomorrow for the first time since I was 18. I am 45 next month so its been a bit of a gap.

Only started running again in January after years of doing nowt so am actually amazed I am in a position to do it.

Hoping to get under 2hrs. Have my name down for a half marathon from Whitley Bay to Newcastle next month too....

Good luck mate... might see you at the finish (you might have a long wait)

While I didn't see you (I did wait until my bladder had had enough) I don't think it would've been too long.
Finished 02:14:16 which I'm disappointed in as I wanted to beat my PB at this years Sunderland H/M 02:07:?? - all my own fault didn't put near enough training in and my calves went pop at the 7 mile mark and I dropped right off from there. Still you live and learn and it was my first GNR and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Started my watch early so not sure exactly what time I got but somewhere around 1:50:45. Gutted as I'd targeted under 1:45. Found it really hard with congestion, amount of times I got stuck was frustrating as owt and meant I had to keep slowing down and speeding up and in the end my hamstrings seized up on the hill at mile 11 and I had to walk. Was pretty much in tears with frustration, dropped about 3 minutes.

Started my watch early so not sure exactly what time I got but somewhere around 1:50:45. Gutted as I'd targeted under 1:45. Found it really hard with congestion, amount of times I got stuck was frustrating as owt and meant I had to keep slowing down and speeding up and in the end my hamstrings seized up on the hill at mile 11 and I had to walk. Was pretty much in tears with frustration, dropped about 3 minutes.
About 2hrs 10 for me. Not wanting to knock people's effort one but the amount of people who start in a section way beyond their ability is staggering. I've no idea why they do it either. There were orange runners walking before the tyne bridge again

About 2hrs 10 for me. Not wanting to knock people's effort one but the amount of people who start in a section way beyond their ability is staggering. I've no idea why they do it either. There were orange runners walking before the tyne bridge again

I was Orange D, so back of orange. Could hear people saying they hoped to do it in 2:15 when I was hoping for 1:45ish. Trying not to make excuses but at some points I was at 9:20-30 minute miles as I just couldn't get moved.

I had dropped a bollock with my application as I only started up running in January and ended up in the pink zone. (I suppose I was being realistic at the time).

2hr 15, was hoping to get under 2hrs but found it impossible to get past walkers and people taking selfies - gave up and just took it easy.

Bloody hot mind!!....

I was Orange D, so back of orange. Could hear people saying they hoped to do it in 2:15 when I was hoping for 1:45ish. Trying not to make excuses but at some points I was at 9:20-30 minute miles as I just couldn't get moved.
You can add a fair few meters i9n to your actual run. If you'd done a straight line you'd have hit your goal no bother mate. Stick at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back