Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 very enjoyable miles this morning. Bit of a ground frost when i started but by the end it was sunshine.

Few miles in the middle with someone i met running 35 miles (this was after 30 miles and he was barely out of breath) and then a few miles in amongst a half marathon event. Feeling good.

Washington Trail race this morning, credit to @Bagpuss for organising it.

Brutal hills but the wife and I really enjoyed it. Came in the top 50 out of 150 runners, my hopes to do it in 48 mins a little wide of the mark though.

Will do it again, with this and Penshaw races we have some excellent trail races on our doorstep.

Proud day for our running club with the completion of out 5k trail race this morning. When I first started going two years ago lucky if we had a handful running so goes to show hod much we have grown to be able to put on events like this.

These runs can be a right fuck on to organise and set up so it tool a great team effort from our members to get things up and running this morning. Males you really appreciate all the volunteers, mostly club members families who took time out there Sunday to marshal, put markers out and even bake treats for the runners for when they finished

I can relate a bit now it's all over. We were all worrying this morning that things went ok. Just use to rocking up and running and letting other people worry about the organisational side of it:lol:

Done the Washington 10k, somehow came 15th with a time of 48 min and some odd seconds. A different route to what I thought and even tougher but all in all a great race. Well done @Bagpuss !

That ravine jump and running up the mud banks, plus the narrow nettle run through the woods was tough. 53.14 for me

Well... a pretty disappointing smoggy 10k for me. I was hoping come in close to the 50 minutes mark & conditions were ideal & there was loads of room to get round the liars who started near the front but knacked my lowercalf &/or achilles & ended up limping in at about 55mins. Looks like a week of complete rest will be needed before the GNR

20 mile struggle hangover run today washy-seaburn-shields-washy averaging 7:44......cramps and dehydration the order of today

Really pleased with my 7 run this morning. Fast paced & under 50 mins. Great boost ahead on next weekend. Might squeeze one more in on Tuesday then rest up.

Teesside 10k today in 1:04:30, steady away in advance of GNR. I'm a little nervous about GNR to be honest, as I've never ran that far before. Can do 9 miles ok, so I'm hoping I can stagger the remainder.

Looking forward to it though...

Teesside 10k today in 1:04:30, steady away in advance of GNR. I'm a little nervous about GNR to be honest, as I've never ran that far before. Can do 9 miles ok, so I'm hoping I can stagger the remainder.

Looking forward to it though...

You will be surprised who much 'the day' can spur you on

Just remember to pace yourself and you will be fine

I'm a little nervous about GNR to be honest, as I've never ran that far before. Can do 9 miles ok, so I'm hoping I can stagger the remainder.

I'm full of nerves too. The DJ on the radio was saying he was nervous on the radio the other day and he was talking about all the nervous wee's you need to have before the race, so at least I now know it's not just me that gets the urge to go several times before it starts :oops::lol:

Last long run before the GNR. A shade over 12 miles in a shade over 90 mins.

Can't deny it though, it was utter torture for the last 3 miles. Felt dizzy as fuck after I stopped.

Hoping I might be able to enjoy it a bit more next weekend.

I'm full of nerves too. The DJ on the radio was saying he was nervous on the radio the other day and he was talking about all the nervous wee's you need to have before the race, so at least I now know it's not just me that gets the urge to go several times before it starts :oops::lol:

Yeah - And if Paula Radcliffe can suffer worse, then we are in good company!

Done the Washington 10k, somehow came 15th with a time of 48 min and some odd seconds. A different route to what I thought and even tougher but all in all a great race. Well done @Bagpuss !

Cheers fella, glad you enjoyed it, we did change the course from the original one as didnt think there was enough hills in it. Very happy with the changes ;)

That ravine jump and running up the mud banks, plus the narrow nettle run through the woods was tough. 53.14 for me

I think we should have issued the marshals there with ear plugs, they said that every time that a runner realised they were being sent up that hill they turned the air blue :lol::lol:

Cheers fella, glad you enjoyed it, we did change the course from the original one as didnt think there was enough hills in it. Very happy with the changes ;)

I think we should have issued the marshals there with ear plugs, they said that every time that a runner realised they were being sent up that hill they turned the air blue :lol::lol:

37th place for me,not bad

Cracking time well done

Wil be quicker next year......

Tees 10k 37.50 , was gurning loads the last two mile .... Went for Few beers after , made for a good day (night!) out . Well organised race and a decent route . Aly Dixon first female in 32!

Well... a pretty disappointing smoggy 10k for me. I was hoping come in close to the 50 minutes mark & conditions were ideal & there was loads of room to get round the liars who started near the front but knacked my lowercalf &/or achilles & ended up limping in at about 55mins. Looks like a week of complete rest will be needed before the GNR
Ice n rest mate, you won't get any fitter now for the GNR

Tees 10k 37.50 , was gurning loads the last two mile .... Went for Few beers after , made for a good day (night!) out . Well organised race and a decent route . Aly Dixon first female in 32!

Aye. Took advantage of the free sports massage after the race which helped a lot. RICE all afternoon & Voltarol gel all over the area this evening. Probably replace the couple of short runs next week with exercise bike or aquajogging.

Well done tha day fletch. Cracking time :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back