Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
My max heart rate tonight was 175 when doing 6 x 800m at 6 minute mile pace. I was working pretty hard!

On the working out I should be 194.

Still not flat out for as long as you can manage. There is a difference even when you feel like you're pushing hard. I can get a fair few reps of 800m out at a decent pace but can only manage just over 300m at a flat out sprint & the 2 heart rate measurements are about 15bpm apart.

Still not flat out for as long as you can manage. There is a difference even when you feel like you're pushing hard. I can get a fair few reps of 800m out at a decent pace but can only manage just over 300m at a flat out sprint & the 2 heart rate measurements are about 15bpm apart.
Give me a few days, I'll try and sort it.

Well I have ignored this thread - too depressed to - since doing my ankle a couple of months ago. Sacking football off in future and sticking to non contact sport - not worth it as my running was getting to a standard I wanted. Read from page 50+ this afternoon and well done to so many have done some cracking runs over the last couple of months. Good to see people improving too, you get a real sense of that when you read page after page in one go :)

Anyway, GNR coming up and reading this now has made me nervous as hell all of a sudden :lol: - that's the fear that has been mentioned.

Feb: 22.7 miles
Mar: 27.4
Apr: 32.9
May: 48.1
June: 3.1 - solitary Park Run (PB anarl) then went over on my ankle on the Sunday

July: 6.8 very slow miles in 2ish mile stints
This month: 9 miles.

So I am back up and running, ankle heavily strapped and fingers crossed but so far it's holding up well. 2 runs since the weekend of 4.5 which I am chuffed with, but with GNR 5 weeks on Sunday I am going to be ecstatic just to even be able to do it...!

Anyway, GNR coming up and reading this now has made me nervous as hell all of a sudden :lol: - that's the fear that has been mentioned.

Feb: 22.7 miles
Mar: 27.4
Apr: 32.9
May: 48.1
June: 3.1 - solitary Park Run (PB anarl) then went over on my ankle on the Sunday

July: 6.8 very slow miles in 2ish mile stints
This month: 9 miles.

So I am back up and running, ankle heavily strapped and fingers crossed but so far it's holding up well. 2 runs since the weekend of 4.5 which I am chuffed with, but with GNR 5 weeks on Sunday I am going to be ecstatic just to even be able to do it...!
Mate , after reading what you have been through I would sack the GNR off and just aim for a half next spring , it's just not worth it .
You need to be very careful and build up the training slowly with plenty of rest days . Just my opinion mind

Was watching at the top of the long uphill past the pill factory. Nee worries though, ive not noticed loads of folks when ive been out..
Was a hard slog up that bit on the second lap, wind in my face and nobody near enough in front to seek shelter behind :)
When you next racing ?

Was a hard slog up that bit on the second lap, wind in my face and nobody near enough in front to seek shelter behind :)
When you next racing ?
Aye, its a long grind up there..
Darlington on Sunday for me, then nowt planned until the Haltwhistle half.

Well its a decent route for times.
I've been within half a minute of my pb the last three times there, so best of luck to you Rob.

It's been a while since I have done a flat 10k in race conditions so intrigued to see what I can push myself to

I will be about 1 of 6 with a run peterlee top on so say hello when you see one and you might get the correct one;)

Mate , after reading what you have been through I would sack the GNR off and just aim for a half next spring , it's just not worth it .
You need to be very careful and build up the training slowly with plenty of rest days . Just my opinion mind
Cheers, just your opinion as you say but really appreciate it. In two minds to be honest, never done a GNR so have had my heart set on it all year. Probably have to use my head though and decide soon if to pull out. Think I will give another week then see if things are holding up.

On a positive note my legs and lungs seem to have held up really well and have felt good this week. That was my main concern, not the ankle.

Plenty of people I know would be willing to take my place, plus I'm sure there would be willing people on here if needed!

Cheers, just your opinion as you say but really appreciate it. In two minds to be honest, never done a GNR so have had my heart set on it all year. Probably have to use my head though and decide soon if to pull out. Think I will give another week then see if things are holding up.

On a positive note my legs and lungs seem to have held up really well and have felt good this week. That was my main concern, not the ankle.

Plenty of people I know would be willing to take my place, plus I'm sure there would be willing people on here if needed!
I'd run it mate if I were you. Just don't push too hard, there'll be loads running it who aren't as fit as they'd hoped.

It's a great event and the adrenalin will see you through

First race after me jollies tonight at Morpeth 10k, wasn't as rusty as I'd thought - got round in 34.50. I was nowhere near the front though, all the Morpeth beasts were out :)
Canny picture of the start of Morpeth in the Chronicle tonight. Everyone looking straight ahead except for one certain Bounder who's staring at his watch...,

Anyone got a garmin 305, and if so having problems connecting with garmin connect?
Since garmin did away with plug ins for downloading sessions my garmin is now not recognised when I try syncing it.
Plenty of disgruntled 305 users on internet and it seems watch only compatible with older laptops,pc's with 32 bit and not the usual 64 bit?!
Bastards.

Anyone got a garmin 305, and if so having problems connecting with garmin connect?
Since garmin did away with plug ins for downloading sessions my garmin is now not recognised when I try syncing it.
Plenty of disgruntled 305 users on internet and it seems watch only compatible with older laptops,pc's with 32 bit and not the usual 64 bit?!
Bastards.

I was having issues last week, I had to update the software on the laptop for it to work again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back