Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that did the Great North 10k the other day, the photos are on marathon-photos.com.

They are the watermarked/pay for ones, but there's also 2 videos showing you on the home straight and crossing the finish line which i've managed to download using http://en.savefrom.net/ :D

After a week of no running and far too much to eat and drink on holiday I am trying to play catch up.

11 miles yesterday and 6 today. JP Morgan run in Battersea Park on Thursday so will see how that goes - 3.5 miles.

Legs are struggling after yesterday and it wasn't a fast run. Goes to show how quickly you can go backwards when you do everything you shouldn't...

How much did it weigh? That's a favourite trick of a personal trainer friend of mine. She makes people run with a rucksack weighing one stone and tells them to pay attention to how their body feels, especially their knees and hips. Then she takes it off them and makes them run again and notice how much easier it is. She said that is the best way to remind people what your body has to endure all day every day if you put one stone in weight on. So although it was hell, it'll put you off putting weight on :D

I'm not sure, it probably was close to a stone. I think if the GNR was not coming up too soon, I'd be tempted to do some running with a pack. If I can do 5 miles in a decent time with one then I will feel like I'm flying doing 8 miles!

Just joined the SMB Runners group on Strava - hope you's don't mind ;)

I've had a month off since the Blaydon Race (and a holiday in between) which isn't the greatest idea with the Coastal week on Sunday...

Went out Monday night for a 7 miler, and it wasn't too bad. Couple of 10k's this week and a 13+ miler on Saturday, and I should have a better idea of where I'm at. Two week's all inclusive does nowt for your stamina:eek:

Angel view run tonight at low fell. In the leading pack when sent the wrong way by a Marshall, ended up as a 3.8 mile race and not 6. Nobody realised til we crossed the line though :)
One of those twisty routes with lots of double backs. Nice long straight runs are much less confusing :)

Short for my pace run now though so will have to do an effort run tomorrow too

I had a thoroughly enjoyable morning doing Pretty Muddy race for life :D now looking forward to the Northern Frontrunners 5k next Friday night, anyone else doing that one?

No pb in the parkrun. Was going well for the first half but then the body started to say no .... jogged the last km to make sure I didn't set myself back.

Another 9 miles today with 6 hard hill reps in the middle. Made it to 6 runs for the week for the first time this year, needed it as I did none last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back