Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck mate. My last tab was nearly two years ago. . running was a big help in giving up for good

I had one this morning...gutted. It was difficult yesterday for some reason. I went for my run as usual this morning, felt good. Got all ready for work and then walked over the road to shop, bought a packet and had one!!

I've left them at home I don't intend to have another.

Don't know whether to have a rest day tomorrow or try and continue to run and do 7 days a week with it being low mileage, not like I'm training for anything...

I had one this morning...gutted. It was difficult yesterday for some reason. I went for my run as usual this morning, felt good. Got all ready for work and then walked over the road to shop, bought a packet and had one!!

I've left them at home I don't intend to have another.

Don't know whether to have a rest day tomorrow or try and continue to run and do 7 days a week with it being low mileage, not like I'm training for anything...

Rest days are important, even with low mileage. It's not so much the muscles with running, it's the joints. If you really want to do something 7 days a week mix it up with cycling &/or swimming. Something that has minimal impact on your ankles & knees.

I managed it in my road trainers. Think I came 17th and got a pb. Surprised as I've got a few niggles.

Yep roads would have been fine, but where was all that forecasted rain ? It was chucking it down when I set off.

road trainers seemed to be fine for me too. finished 60th (i think) with 43:12. Really good race, deffo do it again next year

Well done Bob. You finished about 30 secs in front of me.

Anyone got any idea when the official results are out ?

Yep roads would have been fine, but where was all that forecasted rain ? It was chucking it down when I set off.

Well done Bob. You finished about 30 secs in front of me.

Anyone got any idea when the official results are out ?
They're on fb

been on nights this week so have not managed a single run, I did go down to the beginners class as shields harries to go along with the other half but I only did a little as I was there for support more than anything, heading back there this week to join the harries as the misses is going to keep going to the beginners for a while

been on nights this week so have not managed a single run, I did go down to the beginners class as shields harries to go along with the other half but I only did a little as I was there for support more than anything, heading back there this week to join the harries as the misses is going to keep going to the beginners for a while

Odd, it was being on nights that started me running again. I found I got a much better sleep if I had a run as soon as I got home.

Odd, it was being on nights that started me running again. I found I got a much better sleep if I had a run as soon as I got home.

maybe if I was on permanent nights @Daydream Believer but its just the odd occasional week to help out at work that I do nights, only the 2nd time this year so im just not used to it, I finish in today so will be out jogging again on Saturday I might do a park run, and to be honest the 20 miles I did on Sunday was my longest ever so having a week off has not really bothered me.
Im about to do a month of hard speed work and hills with not many long runs involved starting on Monday so at least I have something to look forward to.

Strollers!

Strollers!

Dan its just easy with the misses going down shields to go down at the same time, therefore not having to get someone to watch the bairns for to long, im going up to Sunderland tri in 2 weeks though as I want to learn to swim properly and know you have good coaches up there.

Dan its just easy with the misses going down shields to go down at the same time, therefore not having to get someone to watch the bairns for to long, im going up to Sunderland tri in 2 weeks though as I want to learn to swim properly and know you have good coaches up there.
Aye the coaches are excellent

I was swimming in the aquatic few week back and a bloke was in the same lane , really strong swimmer, he was a shields harrier but had been laid off for while through injury, late 40s I would say , very good swimmer though.
I've often thought about getting into triathlon training but it clashes with when my daughter trains with harriers, never say never though....

Aye the coaches are excellent
Brilliant as in like a lead pipe in the pool, I need some serious coaching so I can actually do a decent swim

I was swimming in the aquatic few week back and a bloke was in the same lane , really strong swimmer, he was a shields harrier but had been laid off for while through injury, late 40s I would say , very good swimmer though.
I've often thought about getting into triathlon training but it clashes with when my daughter trains with harriers, never say never though....

Same hear fletch things have always got in the way, but I put it to the other half and she is happy for me to up my training levels in the near future and I'm wanting to do a few tris to see if I like them, if not I find something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back