Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the other runners here give blood? I donated this week & it's added 2½ mins onto last weeks Parkrun time & which is pretty much normal in my experience but I was wondering if there were any things I could be doing to lessen the impact of a donation on my running times.

Do any of the other runners here give blood? I donated this week & it's added 2½ mins onto last weeks Parkrun time & which is pretty much normal in my experience but I was wondering if there were any things I could be doing to lessen the impact of a donation on my running times.
Iron supplements maybe?
I can't donate blood but lost quite a bit recently. I'm on iron tablets but also got a supplement called Spatone that pregnant lasses normally use.
Rest as well.

Iron supplements maybe?
I can't donate blood but lost quite a bit recently. I'm on iron tablets but also got a supplement called Spatone that pregnant lasses normally use.

I necked the spatone Iron & Vit C sachet that came in the ½ Marathon goody bag straight after the donation & take a multivitamin + iron tablet daily as well for the 1st 3 weeks after a donation so already covered on that angle. I was thinking more around pre-donation prep exercise. Sorry I wasn't clear.

if anybody is driving back to shields after P2P tomorrow and see a middle age bloke struggling to run, pick me up !! please.... I'm leaving the car through shields

if anybody is driving back to shields after P2P tomorrow and see a middle age bloke struggling to run, pick me up !! please.... I'm leaving the car through shields

If anyone does this & is told to fuck off I apologise in advance, it's because I mistimed my blood donation & it's wiped me out so I'm probably lost & still trying to finish. Please just point me in the right direction & kick me up the arse :lol:

If you need a lift, I'm going back.
Cheers dan . Think we're gonna try get the bus from roker if not will cadge a lift back. Is there a bus you can put a bag on? Dont fancy hanging around shields with vest n shorts on for an hour, although could use classic bin bag again

Right im up and getting ready for the p2p. Got to get there sharp cos the missus wants to get a day entry.
Weather looks a bit of a mixed bag...still cant be as bad as the half !
Anyway, all the best to everyone running it, hope you have good 'uns.

Cheers dan . Think we're gonna try get the bus from roker if not will cadge a lift back. Is there a bus you can put a bag on? Dont fancy hanging around shields with vest n shorts on for an hour, although could use classic bin bag again
There was last year. I'm taking warm clothes and a bag

I clocked 6.9 mile. 45min for me. Would have been better if magic hadn't thrown sand in my eyes.
Tough running on/off 3 different beaches but great race all the same. Well done strollers for organising it with 1000 runners, and the goody bags. Couple post race pints in the Wolsey went down a treat afterwards.
Ps- top time magic

P2P, Still my favourite race, even though its bluddy hard work. Did another 52.??, which matches the last three times ive done this.:confused:
Excellent work from the Strollers, from the folks at the signing up to the bunch of daft lasses i was stood next to shouting encouragement at the finish.
Finished 4th at p2p today, canny chuffed :) First time I've done the race, cracking run. Excellent goody bag too, packet of crips and a medal come beer opener . . . top marks strollers !
Good to see some smb folk too
Well done Rat - outstanding performance.
i was having a bit natter with a bounder just before Souter. Scotch fella with a headscarf..seemed a canny bloke.

Done a tough 12 mikes yesterday which started at the top end of Peterlee before running through castle Eden dene and heading towards the coast. Then hit the beach banks all the way to crimson before heading back up the Hart to Haswell cycle path

Good one to get in now the Durham coast half marathon is fast approaching

P2P, Still my favourite race, even though its bluddy hard work. Did another 52.??, which matches the last three times ive done this.:confused:
Excellent work from the Strollers, from the folks at the signing up to the bunch of daft lasses i was stood next to shouting encouragement at the finish.

Well done Rat - outstanding performance.
i was having a bit natter with a bounder just before Souter. Scotch fella with a headscarf..seemed a canny bloke.
He's called stoo, dead canny fella. He's got one of them 11 y/o kids that can do a park run in 20mins . . taller than his da too

I clocked 6.9 mile. 45min for me. Would have been better if magic hadn't thrown sand in my eyes.
Tough running on/off 3 different beaches but great race all the same. Well done strollers for organising it with 1000 runners, and the goody bags. Couple post race pints in the Wolsey went down a treat afterwards.
Ps- top time magic

6.9 on my Garmin as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back