Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Marys car park is open if you come through the town.

Last time I drove through the town I timed it wrong and the council lads were shutting the roads off. I went into starsky and hutch mode, dodged through the cones and parked near Thd bus station. The council lads face were a picture:lol:

Hence why this time heading down 1231 to save embarrassment again

Last time I drove through the town I timed it wrong and the council lads were shutting the roads off. I went into starsky and hutch mode, dodged through the cones and parked near Thd bus station. The council lads face were a picture:lol:

Hence why this time heading down 1231 to save embarrassment again

:lol:

We're coming from Chester Road so I'm hoping that new bit of road isn't closed!

Just think positively about it - it's going to be cooling and refreshing :);)

There was a bitterly cold wind off the sea two years ago when I did it. I came out the park and a massive gust of wind hit me and nearly knocked me over! I was ready to pack in then, but a female marshal started screaming at me and said I had to keep going, so I did :lol:

you can get much closer. Behind the col tav for me
you doin it dan ? im havin to sit this one out, although my mates place maybe spare so if change mind...

taking the missus down as shes running the 10k, think im gonna park near the cinema and just walk over bridge

Just entered Redcar. .
same as mate...

Last time I drove through the town I timed it wrong and the council lads were shutting the roads off.
shite... I hadn't thought about that

Reactions: D.A
What are folks targets for Sunday then? Just to finish, or get certain times?

I'm doing the 10k and at my current pace should be under 50 mins, if i take it up a slight notch I can hopefully break 45. Would be chuffed to bits with that!

What are folks targets for Sunday then? Just to finish, or get certain times?

I'm doing the 10k and at my current pace should be under 50 mins, if i take it up a slight notch I can hopefully break 45. Would be chuffed to bits with that!

I ran 1:42 last year so want to beat that at least. I'll be very happy if i get under 1:40

well im not looking forward to sunday now, my 2 little boys have been a nightmare for the last week, 1 is teething and up all night therefore so am I and the eldest has now got in the habbit of waking up in the middle of the night and not very quietly, im feking knackered to be honest right now, just went out 2 do 2 mile at race pace 6.26 to see how I felt, managed the 2 in 6.15 pace but feel absolutely hammered, no chance in doing that for 6 mile on sunday unless I get a few nights sleep. If im feeling done in im just going to enjoy it and bugger racing it.

There was a bitterly cold wind off the sea two years ago when I did it. I came out the park and a massive gust of wind hit me and nearly knocked me over! I was ready to pack in then, but a female marshal started screaming at me and said I had to keep going, so I did :lol:
That was the first one I did and the wind as you turned by the Queen Vic was horrendous.
Rain and cold is fine, wind is shit. I'll still be out cheering everybody on.
Disappointed to be missing out but I should be back on the road soon. In hospital today and I appear to be fixed although still don't know what caused it.
Gateshead 10k in July is new target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back