Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent event through at Sedgefield tonight for the Neptune relays. Us ourselves sent four teams through. I would say 70 or so teams took part all together. It's amazing how a 1.7 mile run knocks you out your comfort zone. I checked me Garmin at about half a mile and I was fucked already :lol:

Completed the course in 11.46

Well I've got back out there a couple of times recently after my annual mental block about running. Just been doing 4-4.5 miles after work instead of my usual cardio at the gym but I've been enjoying it and my pace is about where I'd expect to be.

I need to get some longer runs in over the next few weeks but I'm not stressing too much at the moment and just focusing on having fun when I'm out running. It's just so frustrating how much I struggle with the mental side of it, meanwhile a friend who I encouraged to start running fell completely in love with it and just "gets" the mental aspect of pushing yourself. She can't understand at all how some people struggle to believe in themselves when it comes to running. I'd fancy her to beat me any day even though I'm probably a lot fitter in general. :lol:

:lol: I started training with a lass in February & for a while she was struggling to keep up but at last Saturday's Parkrun she went from a minute over my pb to 30 seconds under it & I'm struggling to keep up with her over 5k now. I can still outdistance her by quite a bit but it's only a matter of time...

Excellent event through at Sedgefield tonight for the Neptune relays. Us ourselves sent four teams through. I would say 70 or so teams took part all together. It's amazing how a 1.7 mile run knocks you out your comfort zone. I checked me Garmin at about half a mile and I was fucked already :lol:

Completed the course in 11.46
Well done mate. Our lasses came second.

Nice easy 7 mile this morning, my legs were so tired after a track session on Tuesday so I just plodded away, I'm just going to ease down now for the next week before the sunderland 10k and hope I can out do my previous effort from a few year ago of 43.57 that was 2012 so I hope a few years jogging I can beat that.

Nice easy 7 mile this morning, my legs were so tired after a track session on Tuesday so I just plodded away, I'm just going to ease down now for the next week before the sunderland 10k and hope I can out do my previous effort from a few year ago of 43.57 that was 2012 so I hope a few years jogging I can beat that.

Did 7k in 40 minutes tonight. Happy with that as a HM pace. Don't want to make the same mistake as last Sunderland HM I did 10in 55m and was done in for the last 4 mile. Really trying to pace myself this race.

Just signed up for the Trail Outlaws Washington Trail Urban 10k in September. I honestly think they are a running group worth supporting.

Last edited:
I would love that Dan but don't think I have that in me at the minute, if I go under 41 I will be extatic as I will have a new pb mate, gl in your marathon, when is it? This weekend ?
Definitely sub 40. Aye Sunday, 10:10am on the BBC

Did 7k in 40 minutes tonight. Happy with that as a HM pace. Don't want to make the same mistake as last Sunderland HM I did 10in 55m and was done in for the last 4 mile. Really trying to pace myself this race.

Just signed up for the Trail Outlaws Washington Trail Urban 10k in September. I honestly think they are a running group worth supporting.
Nice guys that run, I'll do any that I'm not away on.

I would love that Dan but don't think I have that in me at the minute, if I go under 41 I will be extatic as I will have a new pb mate, gl in your marathon, when is it? This weekend ?
Mate I did 39.01 (3859 by me :lol:) couple week back at Blyth 10k and class you as better runner from what you done in training so I'm with dan - sub 40 , although couple of banks thrown in, you can do it.

Good luck to any posters doing London on Sunday . For those that aren't there's the terry Ogara 5k race at wallsend , I've been told it's maybe the quickest 5k in North East and most get a PB so for anyone after a good confidence booster , worth a try? Unfortunately due to a niggle I've been advised not t do it and have couple days off

Was out yesterday for what was a very tired 5.5k yesterday after early shift. Plsm now is couple of days off before my final big training run on Sunday before the sunderland half marathon. Hopefully after then I can get a better idea of the time I could be aiming for.

As far as I'm concerned you're the man to ask. I ran that in just under an hour.

I'm looking for sub 1 hour 50 in the North Run. Egotistical purposes as that's what my mate done. Running 3 times a week at the moment. Do you reckon I need to put more effort in? Start with greater distances now?

As far as I'm concerned you're the man to ask. I ran that in just under an hour.

I'm looking for sub 1 hour 50 in the North Run. Egotistical purposes as that's what my mate done. Running 3 times a week at the moment. Do you reckon I need to put more effort in? Start with greater distances now?
I always tell people build up endurance before worrying about speed. Not every run needs to be long, listen to your body, skip days if you don't fancy it. I always try and aim for a fast session (intervals etc), a jog and a long run a week.

6 miles yesterday. GNR is September. I haven't done this for a while. Am I on track to be able to do it?

I'm giving it a go, assuming I stay healthy between now and then. I don't care what time I get, I just want to finish it!

I'm giving it a go, assuming I stay healthy between now and then. I don't care what time I get, I just want to finish it!
You'll love it. It's expensive and a bit of a Geordie wank fest but doing it gives you a right buzz, the adrenaline and support on the way round will push you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back