Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not sure about using the square as a start and finish now, not sure I like the HM route either, isn't a fast route for sure. 10k for me I think.

Aye, the sol was a big plus for me though can understand them wanting to showcase keel square.

I'm doing Blackpool half the week before these so it'll likely just be the 10k for me

Half marathon route is very similar. It's a fast course if you run fast.
what was the route last year dan ? I thought it stayed on the flat road (dame Dorothy street) around roker , while the 10k runners were sent down/up the marina etc

what was the route last year dan ? I thought it stayed on the flat road (dame Dorothy street) around roker , while the 10k runners were sent down/up the marina etc
It went past the church, not down to the marina but went into roker park

The best part of a years planning is nearly done, this weekend will see 25 runners take on Trail Outlaws Sandstone Way Ultra Marathon. This is a mountain bike trail that was recently described by one experienced cyclist as "the hardest thing I have ever done." He rode it in 2 days with a nights sleep in the middle. Our runners will start at 8am on Saturday morning, half will complete the "short" race of 114km from Berwick to Rothbury while the others will complete the full 200km non stop finishing before the midnight cut off on Sunday in Hexham. If you have a few minutes over the weekend, check out their progress on the trackers website below, these guys and gals are just normal folks taking on a truly incredible endurance challenge. Let the madness begin :cool:

http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/sandstone200k15.cfm

The best part of a years planning is nearly done, this weekend will see 25 runners take on Trail Outlaws Sandstone Way Ultra Marathon. This is a mountain bike trail that was recently described by one experienced cyclist as "the hardest thing I have ever done." He rode it in 2 days with a nights sleep in the middle. Our runners will start at 8am on Saturday morning, half will complete the "short" race of 114km from Berwick to Rothbury while the others will complete the full 200km non stop finishing before the midnight cut off on Sunday in Hexham. If you have a few minutes over the weekend, check out their progress on the trackers website below, these guys and gals are just normal folks taking on a truly incredible endurance challenge. Let the madness begin :cool:

Good luck to the 'certifiably insane' attempting this :)

Struggled for motivation since the GNR (really need to sign up for something to aim for!) but been out for a couple of 10k runs this week. Around 50 minute pace so not too fast but it has given me a much needed boost. Getting back to Parkrun in the morning and going to aim for a PB. Currently 20:45 so going to go all out and the aim will be around 20:30. We will see...

Ant of you lot doing Gibside on Sunday?

I'd totally forgot about it & hadn't signed up, for the best though considering I've been injured for the last week!! Just got my wristband through though so hoping to give the Great North Local up there a go soon.

Going to try parkrun in the morning to see if I'm better yet... Fingers crossed!!

My mate is doing it. He's the daft fucker who did the c2c in one go

http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/sandstone114k15.cfm?n=251&smart=1

I did a quick 7k yesterday in 29 minutes and felt strong and could run for another 3k and get under 45 mins.

Today I ran 15k in 1 hour 12 minutes and my legs feel dead, never felt this knackered after a run before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back