Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marathon done this morning. Had a stick or twist decision at 10 miles or so and decided to push on. Paid for it after 21 miles ... just about managed to keep going. Missed out on my pre race target of sub 3 hours by trying to get 2:55, but 3:03 is my fastest marathon so I won't complain too hard. Just frustrating as I know a 2:58 or so was there for the taking.

Now for a rest and some beer!

Yes that was me!

Did it in 76 minutes.

Really enjoyed the first half on the C2C and through the woods. Hated the bit where you left the woods and ran up the side of a field. I was near the back and by then it was churned up so much it was barely possible to walk on it never mind run! Struggled after that as I slipped there and twisted my knee a bit, but managed to keep going until the end. Enjoyed it overall and would do it again.
Well done becs, tough run - that muddy bit up the fields a right killer. I was sliding all over too :)

I saw a lone safc shirt at the start and wondered if that was you, will say hello next race I see you at.

Yeah that part was ridiculous we all had to walk it as well and it was difficult to recover after that!
I was the guy at the top of the last bank who said you had a good sense of style :) xx
Well done mate :)

Marathon done this morning. Had a stick or twist decision at 10 miles or so and decided to push on. Paid for it after 21 miles ... just about managed to keep going. Missed out on my pre race target of sub 3 hours by trying to get 2:55, but 3:03 is my fastest marathon so I won't complain too hard. Just frustrating as I know a 2:58 or so was there for the taking.

Now for a rest and some beer!
Good going that, can understand your frustration though. Never done a marathon but imagine they're tough to train for without breaking yourself. Enjoy your night and plan your next one ;)

Yes that was me!

Did it in 76 minutes.

Really enjoyed the first half on the C2C and through the woods. Hated the bit where you left the woods and ran up the side of a field. I was near the back and by then it was churned up so much it was barely possible to walk on it never mind run! Struggled after that as I slipped there and twisted my knee a bit, but managed to keep going until the end. Enjoyed it overall and would do it again.
Well done Becs, you keep it up girl.

I did a 15k training run yesterday and thinking of doing the Barcelona half marathon and then the full marathon.

Completed it in 1 hour and 11 minutes, without really putting a great deal of effort in, I'm trying to increase the distance and not bothered about the pave at the minute.

My target for the half marathon is 1 hour 40, a really achievable target. And the marathon less than 3 hours 30.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some Hellhole pictures on Facebook. I look knackered on both the beginning and the end ones :lol:

Well done becs, tough run - that muddy bit up the fields a right killer. I was sliding all over too :)

I saw a lone safc shirt at the start and wondered if that was you, will say hello next race I see you at.

Well done mate :)

Good going that, can understand your frustration though. Never done a marathon but imagine they're tough to train for without breaking yourself. Enjoy your night and plan your next one ;)

London :)

I've been doing a 4ish mile run once a week for a while, as fast as I can. I tend to run the first 5 mins quicker, then a recovery, then another fast spurt at about 14 mins, recovery, another quickie at about 20 mins and the final 2-3 minutes flat out. It's usually near a 6.5 minute mile on average.

I'd had a cold and congestion so I hadn't ran this distance for 2 weeks so I took it steady on Saturday and only ran at a faster pace for the first 5 minutes yet I was only about 15 seconds slower overall than the race before the illness.

How the f*ck does that work then? Is it a case that when I run at a faster pace the recovery period reduces the overall average time? When I ran most of the way at a more steady pace I didn't notice that I was in fact running at an OK average pace instead of fits and starts?

We got caught up in horrendous conditions for our club night tonight. Proper character building. Everybody must have been three stone heavier by the time they finished:lol: Also a massive turnout for our club, probably the best yet and there was a few regulars missing to. The club has come on leaps and bounds this year. Probably jumped from a average or 10-15 up to 20-25 in the space of 9 months. I would say we have 40 regular attendees now

Really frustrated with being injured now, having crap things happening in my life at the mo & not being able to get out & run it off (away from it!!) is driving me more crackers than usual! Enjoyed marshalling at parkrun on Saturday though :p

Whilst being bored I've been getting inspired by watching friends doing the XC races & I may have accidentally bought myself some running spikes :oops: best start some training when I'm recovered!!

Did a quickish 10k yesterday in 44:06, well its quick for me, being 84 kilos and 48 years old and today I feel knackered and just want the day to end so I can curl up in bed.

Starting at finishing at keel square rather than the stadium

Just seen it mate on Echo site, sounds good, exactly the type of event the square will be good for. They would have to use the bridge and seafront I'd assume, maybe a run out to Barnes Park and back over to seafront for half marathon, the 10k probably be over to Roker and back. You never know with the council though, probably an out and back to the Welcome Tavern !!

I bet it rains as well :lol:

Liked the stadium as there are plenty of loo's and you can hide from the weather on the concourse until just before you start.

I like getting the medals in the stadium too. Makes a nice change having something to feel cheerful about in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back