Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

They meet 0n a mon, wed, fri mate and some run on a Sunday
Morning also . All different packs depending on pace and how far can run etc . Obviously some may just do the one session a week , just depends on how serious take running and how busy lifestyle you have.
You thinkin of jumpin ship like :eek:

7.58 mile 1:13 tonight felt good and had enough in the tank to go further or faster, just need to pace the route better. Pacing myself well is something I really need help with

5k - 23:36.

30k/ 18.3m for week so far

Last edited:
10 miles on Tuesday and 8 today. Sandwiched in between yesterday I did a one mile pretty much flat out. Not sure you'll find it in the standard training plans in the build up to an ultra marathon, but came in at 5:02, which I was pretty happy with. Nothing to benchmark it against but plan on going under five minutes next try!

Looking at getting a running watch....

Options are the garmin forerunner 220 -
Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS Running Watch with Colour Display - Black/Red
Or the garmin forerunner 620-
Garmin Forerunner 620 GPS Running Watch with Colour Touchscreen Display - Black/Blue
Is it worth paying the extra for the 620? Any of you own any and are there any other really good ones?

Looking at getting a running watch....

Options are the garmin forerunner 220 -
Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS Running Watch with Colour Display - Black/Red
Or the garmin forerunner 620-
Garmin Forerunner 620 GPS Running Watch with Colour Touchscreen Display - Black/Blue
Is it worth paying the extra for the 620? Any of you own any and are there any other really good ones?

It depends on how much you're going to use the extra functions that these watches give you. I've got the 305 and it does the job more than well.

I've got the 110 and it has everything I need on it and haven't wished I had any other functions, but depends if you plan uploading training plans etc to it.

Managed my first run since Sundays debacle this morning, first two miles felt like I had no knees and that my legs were not bending but once got warmed up things improved and got through 6 miles fine, still a bit sore and did a bunch of stretching after will see how the legs fare over the course of the day.

Is exhibition Park the only local Parkrun in the north east? Back in the area from Glasgow tomorrow morning and fancy trying to get myself a time for one, been ages since I did it and have been getting a good few miles under my belt recently.

:lol: I would do mate but i'm getting my haircut at 8.30.
:lol:

Is exhibition Park the only local Parkrun in the north east? Back in the area from Glasgow tomorrow morning and fancy trying to get myself a time for one, been ages since I did it and have been getting a good few miles under my belt recently.

theres loads man ... sunderland, durham, chester le street, shields, whitley bay, Newcastle, boro.... go on the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back