Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another early one done and out of the way. Very humid this morning.
Glad to get it out of the way as I suspect it might lash down later.
Need to get back in the habit of running when I get in from work.

I did 5 miles this morning and didn't enjoy it at all. Really struggled round like and think the humidity play it's part. Got a 20 miler planed for tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to that much if it's gonna be the same as today.

I did 5 miles this morning and didn't enjoy it at all. Really struggled round like and think the humidity play it's part. Got a 20 miler planed for tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to that much if it's gonna be the same as today.
I struggled but I've had two months off and I'm almost starting from scratch. Amazing how quickly you lose fitness.
Really enjoyed Thursday morning's run though so I reckon the humidity was a factor. A few storms today might make it bearable for tomorrow.

Just checked Endomondo and despite two months off, I've already clocked up more miles than last year.

Last edited:
I struggled but I've had two months off and I'm almost starting from scratch. Amazing how quickly you lose fitness.
Really enjoyed Thursday morning's run though so I reckon the humidity was a factor. A few storms today might make it bearable for tomorrow.

Just checked Endomondo and despite two months off, I've already clocked up more miles than last year.

I think tomorrow is gonna be a bit better later on, might have to delay my early start in the morning so I can enjoy it a bit more.

Why not run home mate? Change at work and get off metro at boldon , then run, job done

Done 4 10ks this week did 1 mile warm up this morning then 5 mile of slow 400m effort 400m did the 10k in 44.30 but felt knackerd compared to doing 10k normal in 1 min slow the day before, off to Greece for 2 weeks tonight so some light runs if I can get myself out before the sun comes out to play, 1 month to gnr when I get back so will train for 3 weeks then last week will just be little slow 4 milers max

It's been rank weather today for it. I put off running first thing as I was tired so waited until around 5pm and it was a fair bit cooler with a nice breeze at first, which quickly disappeared so it was just humid as fuck. Still, it was an enjoyable run until I got trapped by the level crossing barriers for a good minute or so.

Knee feeling better. Hoping for 3 long runs in the next week. Will be a good tester for things. Fingers crossed!

only my opinion but id say 90% hard work and know-how. 10% natural ability. If you get 15mins or so spare check out the youtube video (I think its two parts) about a guy who is over weight, smokes (from memory) and he decides to dedicate 2 years of his life to gaining the qualifying time for either the Olympics or world champ marathon race (cant remember the exact details now as its been a while since I watched it) I won't tell you what happens but its kind of amazing what can be done with determination and a bit of help with proper training. If I remember the name I will post up a link but its well worth a watch to any 'every-day runners'

There you go....Superb movie proving beyond doubt imho that its 90% plus hard graft.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ4mkPP0BdU2nL8XamMtRw4fhJsyvDlxY

10 mile this morning, new route for me along Cleadon past AOL down to Seaburn and along the coastal trail avoiding the Seagull that keeps divebombing me on the road next to Souter lighthouse. Got up at 6.30 must be mad was expecting thunderstorms as forecast but nothing, bit weird getting up without a hangover on a Sunday.

3.5m hill work today, legs done in now.

Been looking at downloading Sworkit to do some circuit stuff at home, anyone else do this sort of stuff to build core/endurance generally?

Done the Northumberland Coastal run today in 1.28.29. . very hot and I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed it. Good plodge in the sea at the end though :cool:

Reactions: D.A
Started running again a few weeks ago - ran four or five 4-5km - now got ITBS.

Did 1 min walking, 1 min running last wednesday at about 6pm. I couldn't walk by 9 because of the pain in the side of my knee.

A running clubs just been started in South Hetton, where they're basically doing a modified couch to 5k to get people started - so I'm hoping to use that as rehab and to keep running, just shorter amounts to try to get over it along with some stretching and strength work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back