Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong day to decide to do my first longer run of the year, absolutely drowned!! 10.5 miles in 1h 30, not bad for conditions but need to do better.

Do you have tight hamstrings or calfs? All the knee pain I have had has been caused by this. I was trying to work out the cause of the knee pain for ages but went to physio and worked on my tightness and this sorted the knee pain. Maybe the same for you.

Cheers for the tip. I do sometimes get tightness so I'll try and monitor it and see how it goes. I had the same thing again tonight, just a few minutes in on the treadmill I was uncomfortable so had to switch to the crosstrainer. I'm planning an outside run tomorrow for the first time since the pain started so will be taking it easy.

Been very lazy/tired this week and not been out since last Saturday's 12 miler. Not the best preparation for the half marathon next week.
Done 10k this morning. A lot of tight muscles but going to do a lot of stretching this week.

Would love to be able to that in 48 minutes. :lol:
I think the same about some of the people that do 34 and 36 mins, 48 was my fast pace 2 year ago but took 7 mins of sticking to training plan spoony, do u just jog our train? I'm hoping to go under 40 this year

Nice run this morning, great weather, cool with moisture in the air, ran past Lord Lambtons land and they have a charity shoot going on, sounded like they were using machine guns :lol: might have a bash at the Lord Lambtons 10k in May/June I think it is, anyone done that one before ?

I think the same about some of the people that do 34 and 36 mins, 48 was my fast pace 2 year ago but took 7 mins of sticking to training plan spoony, do u just jog our train? I'm hoping to go under 40 this year

I just jog when I get the chance. Difficult with work and the bairns childcare arrangement to get more than half an hour in one go, so tend to do 5k 3 or 4 times a week. My quickest 10k was 53minutes, down from 1hr 2mins 3 years ago.

Been putting extra in the last month or so ahead of the half marathon next week mind. Have done a 10miler and 13.1 miles two weeks ago. Managed the 13.1 miles in 2hour20. Never been that distance before.

Nice run this morning, great weather, cool with moisture in the air, ran past Lord Lambtons land and they have a charity shoot going on, sounded like they were using machine guns :lol: might have a bash at the Lord Lambtons 10k in May/June I think it is, anyone done that one before ?

I fancy this one as well. £12 entry and I think it's arranged by SAFC in some way.

I totally misjudged it this morning. Went out at 6.30 and it looked like rain so put a waterproof running jacket over a compression top. Sweating like a pig after 5 minutes and the rain never came.
Nobody deserves to see my kite in a compression top but had to unzip the jacket. Special treat for the early dog walkers.:lol:

Been away with the family this week so only managed a solitary 10k along the Filey coast. Rest prob done some good though as my right knee's been giving us jip just behind the knee cap. Gonna get up early for 12 mile in the morn then one track session next week and a blast at the Sunderland half is next on the race calendar

73rd parkrun in 22:04 had no energy today & my usual pacemakers weren't ther today:(!calfs have been a bit sore & on Thursday after a swim I did an attempt at backstroke tell you what my calfs felt like they were gonna cramp up so it's lots of yoga stretching to be done

Very slow 10k this morning. Was very foggy and then lashed down for the last mile.
Probably only do one more run before the half marathon, maybe in London on Tuesday.

Need a bit of warm up advice. I rarely do much in way of a warm up and I know I suffer because of it. I felt a lot stronger towards the end of today's run than I did at the start. Admittedly I drank too much water beforehand so felt a bit sick early on.
What should I be doing before the HM next week? I'll be walking over from Chester Road so could maybe jog over then do some stretches? Don't want to knacker myself.:lol:

Very slow 10k this morning. Was very foggy and then lashed down for the last mile.
Probably only do one more run before the half marathon, maybe in London on Tuesday.

Need a bit of warm up advice. I rarely do much in way of a warm up and I know I suffer because of it. I felt a lot stronger towards the end of today's run than I did at the start. Admittedly I drank too much water beforehand so felt a bit sick early on.
What should I be doing before the HM next week? I'll be walking over from Chester Road so could maybe jog over then do some stretches? Don't want to knacker myself.:lol:

i am not a huge one for warm ups, and especially for half marathon distances. I normally try to jog slowly for 10 minutes to loosen up, do some stretches, then off you go. If you are standing around in a start zone etc waiting to go for a while, it makes it more difficult but you can use the first five minutes of the run to get moving properly and get the heart rate up.

I've been told to do moving stretches to warm up. Like walking lunges. Static stretches are for post run.

Not sure if I should run after the match. Knee is feeling stiff and a tad sore. Just really want to get a run in before next week. It will be almost two weeks on the day of the run, if I don't run today, since my last run.

Not sure if I should run after the match. Knee is feeling stiff and a tad sore. Just really want to get a run in before next week. It will be almost two weeks on the day of the run, if I don't run today, since my last run.

I would rest. How did you get on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back