Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

At the moment I only seem to enjoy running when it's functional rather than actually for enjoyment. :lol: I had a package to collect from the sorting office this morning so ran the 2 and a bit miles as it was the quickest way to get there (don't have a car and the bus takes forever). I really should've allowed more time to fit a few extra miles in as I found myself enjoying the run, then I was stuck with the package to lump home.

My
Had the bairn round park run in 29.27 this morning, 6 yo. He'll be mullering me when he's 14 I think . . Unless he's turned to drink and tabs by then :)
19 month year old did his 1st lap around gypsies green on Thursday when I finished my run took us about 15 minutes as he was easily distracted by birds but best lap I've done in ages, 13.1 today nice and easy as my legs were shattered

Did the Castles Marathon today. It was very hard work, quite hilly, and although the wind was generally favourable, it seemed to be strongly in my face on every uphill stretch in the second half. Run-walk for last 5 miles, for a 3:46. Would like to hear if anyone else ran today.

Did the Castles Marathon today. It was very hard work, quite hilly, and although the wind was generally favourable, it seemed to be strongly in my face on every uphill stretch in the second half. Run-walk for last 5 miles, for a 3:46. Would like to hear if anyone else ran today.
I done the half, 1:33. First 6 miles were toppa, then turned into the wind. Mile 8 was hell, turned into the wind, couldn't take advantage of the down hill and then up hill was hell. I enjoyed it like.

Well done marra, Did it start on the beach at beadnell?
Starts on the side of a road just outside beadnell. Pretty poor place to start.

Well done marra, Did it start on the beach at beadnell?

Nah parked at Bamburgh, coach to Beadnell then run back to Bamburgh.

I done the half, 1:33. First 6 miles were toppa, then turned into the wind. Mile 8 was hell, turned into the wind, couldn't take advantage of the down hill and then up hill was hell. I enjoyed it like.

Well done, I was on course to go sub 2 hours but felt like I hit a wall at 11m. That uphill stretch after that was the killer. Not impressed with the water stations like. They said wager provided every 5km, in reality water was every 5 miles. Might not sound much, but not good when I didn't bring my own water on the back of what they advertised!

Bloody awful place to start!

Last edited:
Reactions: D.A
I was quite annoyed with the water bit like, dead thirsty before I started. But, enjoyed the course and day out. Sea houses for fish and chips after too.

Canny effort that Dan :cool:

Marathon same day. Get all the halfers out the way before the real runners come:lol::neutral:

Enjoy. Marathon a bit extreme for me. My legs have twice totally cramped out on me today. Once when driving back past Craster and I had to emergency stop and let the Mrs drive. Thesecond time about 5 minutes ago. Bloody agony!

Well done - that's a good time for a tough HM.

Reactions: D.A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back