Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. Felt a bit of a cheat chatting to the guys I was with between 40-45k. Think they were all sub 3 hour marathon runners and had multiple ultras to their name. I was a first timer and never done a marathon faster than the pace I was going at then.

next big one for me lined up is Brighton marathon. Will take it easy for a couple of months then have a good go at that. Sub 3:05 would be incredible to get into London, but not sure I can get the training in to make that happen.
I'm done with long/hard stuff for the time being, despite being in a club full of ultra and hill runners. Decided I want to do shorter stuff - perhaps as short as 200m, but definitely no longer than HM while my legs still have some speed left.

One of my fellow coaches is doing a sports science degree and has asked me to be one of her 'subjects' - will get access to all sorts of equipment, so hoping that will help as well as motivate.

Reactions: D.A

first run last night on concrete for absolutely ages.... only 30mins but enjoyed it, change from grass. 4.3mile on micoach app although made sure the route was pretty flat. Try it again in couple days time.

Nice route, great crowds and as you say some steady banks, the last one is a killer for the last half mile. What was the t shirt like ?? last years was a poor effort !! Well done to get your sub 4 mate.

Apparently the shirt is better than last year but still isnt as good as a cheap one from the likes of Sports Direct etc will be fine for shorter training runs. Crowds were great the steady banks were what I found more trouble with, the last hill motored up as was on a last mile mission.

Good work that like. It's such a nice feeling getting ther Magic sub 4 hour marathon like. Those last few miles when you're watching the clock and your body is just wanting you to slow down but you keep on pushing on.

22-24 was the hardest was trying to push on but legs wouldn't really cooperate and was on 9.17 miles so felt it was slipping was the time my inner chimp was saying go on walk a little bit but managed.

Recovery time now not feeling as bad as I thought might and its more the tops of my legs hurting than my expectation of my calfs.

Is anyone ITK about whether the marathon of the north is taking place or not? and if in fact it will be a marathon. Looking to book a spring marathon but no point traveling if one couple miles away.

Is anyone ITK about whether the marathon of the north is taking place or not? and if in fact it will be a marathon. Looking to book a spring marathon but no point traveling if one couple miles away.
I have asked them but they just tell you to keep an eye out on their twitter/facebaook without confirming anything. I am holding out on entering Manchester in case this is on, as it is my first marathon thought I would do a local one!

I have asked them but they just tell you to keep an eye out on their twitter/facebaook without confirming anything. I am holding out on entering Manchester in case this is on, as it is my first marathon thought I would do a local one!

Looks like they announced mid November last year, will wait till then also looking at Manchester if its not on.

Is the marathon and the half marathon normally on the same weekend or am I getting my events mixed up?

I would imagine that both the 10k and half marathon will definitely happen or else what's the point? Would be a better event with the marathon IMO , even if it was held a different day on same weekend (the way kielder do it).

30 mins today on treadmill, haven't used one for an age, forgot how mind numbingly boringly they are , especially without any music .

I would imagine that both the 10k and half marathon will definitely happen or else what's the point? Would be a better event with the marathon IMO , even if it was held a different day on same weekend (the way kielder do it).
Enjoy farra on Friday!
30 mins today on treadmill, haven't used one for an age, forgot how mind numbingly boringly they are , especially without any music .

Four mile recovery run last night was pretty much fine little bit of pain and aches and pains but not as bad as I expected. Another rest day today before 4 miles tomorrow and five on Sunday.

Looking at what to do for next year current thoughts are another year of marathon training with a spring and autumn race and then look at doing an ultra the year after but will see.

I'm done with long/hard stuff for the time being, despite being in a club full of ultra and hill runners. Decided I want to do shorter stuff - perhaps as short as 200m, but definitely no longer than HM while my legs still have some speed left.

One of my fellow coaches is doing a sports science degree and has asked me to be one of her 'subjects' - will get access to all sorts of equipment, so hoping that will help as well as motivate.
That sounds pretty interesting. I went down to 1 miles last month and got under 5 minutes, so would plan on training towards Brighton marathon in spring, then 5-10k through the summer.

Not part of a club and training is all on my own, so just make it up as I go.

I did some 1 mile and 2 mile races in the summer and it definitely helped me get a 5k PB. The confidence you get from running a fast 2 miles is brilliant.

Done my first ever run abroad today, never considered taking running gear on holiday before apart from going to the lakes.
4 miles along the river in Copenhagen, pretty much flat all the way. Turned round at 2 miles to see huge black clouds ahead of me. Had to put a spurt on and just got back before it lashed down.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back