Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen him. Name?
Didn't get his name mate. He was first at The Barnes tonight and I was second so spoke to him for a bit. I recognised him off Wednesday and just assumed he was already a member and a fast one at that. He just looked like a good runner. Anyway we set off and he stormed ahead of the leader then came back. He did this a couple of times without knowing the route then he ended up being the leader. About halfway round I overheard a fella (clearly impressed) asking him about his racing history and times etc, (this was just after some regrouping :lol:) and he said he'd never raced and had only ever really recorded a 10k time years ago. He said he was out a few days ago and did 20 miles in 2 hours.
When we finished he was asking about the Sunday morning session and the bloke said he doubted many would be out cos there's a few races that day. Some other fella piped up and said a group were meeting at the bungalow cafe and would be doing 8-10 mile at 8min pace but he was told he'd be better off running on his own :lol:
Everyone was really impressed. He said he'd be there again on Wednesday. So will I.
Not Andy Powell mate, he said he wasn't on Facebook anyway.

Didn't get his name mate. He was first at The Barnes tonight and I was second so spoke to him for a bit. I recognised him off Wednesday and just assumed he was already a member and a fast one at that. He just looked like a good runner. Anyway we set off and he stormed ahead of the leader then came back. He did this a couple of times without knowing the route then he ended up being the leader. About halfway round I overheard a fella (clearly impressed) asking him about his racing history and times etc, (this was just after some regrouping :lol:) and he said he'd never raced and had only ever really recorded a 10k time years ago. He said he was out a few days ago and did 20 miles in 2 hours.
When we finished he was asking about the Sunday morning session and the bloke said he doubted many would be out cos there's a few races that day. Some other fella piped up and said a group were meeting at the bungalow cafe and would be doing 8-10 mile at 8min pace but he was told he'd be better off running on his own :lol:
Everyone was really impressed. He said he'd be there again on Wednesday. So will I.
Not Andy Powell mate, he said he wasn't on Facebook anyway.
Sounds promising!

20miles in 2hrs for a new starter !! You need to get his forms filled in dan , could be another Liam Taylor there

Anybody do the park run up silky ? Was up the footy pitches half7 for a half hour run on grass , was pissin down and blowin a gale, slipped in some dog shit to top it off enall

Had a "can't be arsed" moment when I saw the rain this morning. I don't mind it so much once I'm out, but can never be arsed with the effort of setting off when it's already raining. I think I'll buy a crosstrainer. :lol:

Been up to Embleton this morning and ran to Craster and back in the pissing down rain. Couldn't be wetter if I'd swam it.
Struggled a bit but three of us do it every year in memory of our mate who died. I thought I would be joining him at one stage.:lol:

Had a "can't be arsed" moment when I saw the rain this morning. I don't mind it so much once I'm out, but can never be arsed with the effort of setting off when it's already raining. I think I'll buy a crosstrainer. :lol:

Just buy a wateeproof and a base layer, a lot cheaper.

just over 1,700 at my parkrun this morning. Great atmosphere but probably more people than it can cope with. Rain held off :)
Won my park run this morning in 18.13. . . not quite 1700 there like

Good bit on the news about the anniversary today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29488453

Is that your park run on the clip ? Footage of somebody horsing round in a buggy :)

Last edited:

Is that your park run on the clip ? Footage of somebody horsing round in a buggy :)
that would have got you 40 something at mine this morning :) bbc were meant to come a record at bushy where I do it and where it all started two weeks ago. Not sure where that one was but looked a lot less people.

i managed to overtake over 1,000 on the way round today, lots of swerving!

should get out for 10-12 miles tomorrow.

Just buy a wateeproof and a base layer, a lot cheaper.
Jacket I had on yesterday was only shower proof. At the end I took it off and between that and my base layer I was probably carrying an extra stone due to the rain soaking in.:lol:
Wouldn't mind but I own an incredibly light waterproof breathable Berghaus which would have been perfect but because it was expensive, I never consider it for running.

was talkin to one of the sunderland harriers yesterday, he said some young kid has just joined the club this week and he came first in the silky park run yesterday, beating aly dixon! I nearly asked if he has a full sleeve tattoo :lol:

Jacket I had on yesterday was only shower proof. At the end I took it off and between that and my base layer I was probably carrying an extra stone due to the rain soaking in.:lol:
Wouldn't mind but I own an incredibly light waterproof breathable Berghaus which would have been perfect but because it was expensive, I never consider it for running.

Even the most breathable running jackets may as well be a sweat suit on me. I always seem to end up soaked but because of sweat not rain. It pretty much makes wearing a jacket pointless unless its as a windproof.

shuffled around the 35 mile round ripon ultra yesterday in 7'30. my first ultra so it just about finishing. last 5 miles were tough as my hip flexor issue flared up. the next step up from this is typicAlly 50 milers but no way i could have gone another 15 miles.

We'll done mate, great effort 35 miles. Would love to do one myself but after a marathon am not sure I could have done another 9 miles!!

Bagged myself 5th in the hellhole 10k at Stanley today. Beaten to 4th by a girl :eek: Rosie smith, she runs for Durham City and England so I won't be too hard on myself :)

We'll done mate, great effort 35 miles. Would love to do one myself but after a marathon am not sure I could have done another 9 miles!!

completely different intensity to a road marathon. all trail so way slower pace plus it's obligatory to walk the hills to conserve energy.

I've got the right clothing, it's the mental part of making myself actually go out that I struggle with.

You just need to toughen up then ;)

Kielder Marathon today in 4:46. Not my best time by far but it's just such a hard race I'm happy just to get round tbh! Anyone who's done a marathon but fancies a challenge over the same distance but a little tougher should give it a go haha go on I dare ya!

Reactions: D.A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back