Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been getting my usual restless feeling this week with not doing much pre marathon. Gonna get out an do 10 mile tomorrow tho so that should make me feel better.

Went out for what was intended to be a quick 3 miler as my last run before Redcar. It wasnt as quick as expected as my stomach was playing up - it turns out that cooking (and eating lots of) a shoulder of pulled pork a few days before a race isnt ideal preparation... who'd have guessed :lol:

I've decided that Sunday will be my last long race for a while. After Redcar I'm focusing on 5 & 10ks until at least Feb/Mar.

I've no idea why, but my body hasn't been right since the GNR. The last week of training for this Sunday has been ridiculously painful

I've decided that Sunday will be my last long race for a while. After Redcar I'm focusing on 5 & 10ks until at least Feb/Mar.

I've no idea why, but my body hasn't been right since the GNR. The last week of training for this Sunday has been ridiculously painful
Are there many 5kms apart from park runs? Any 10kms too?

started to up my miles a few weeks ago and now going out 1st thing in the morning before work every 2nd day and doing min 10miles and a long run every 2nd sunday, pace has been anything between 7.15-8.30 for the 10 milers just depends on how my body wakes up I think, doing a few extra little runs some night just a mile our 3 to try and run twice a day but sometimes I don't get the time what with having kids and work to stop me, passed 900 miles for the year this morning and will hopefully pass the 1000 next month if I can do a few runs when I go to Italy to get married

Are there many 5kms apart from park runs? Any 10kms too?

In terms of 10ks; there's the Yorkshire coastal in Oct, the town moor & the Leeds abbey in nov, the saltwell in Dec & Edinburgh in Jan.

blew the cobwebs out this morning with a parkrun buggy pb of 18:08. Was absolutely done in by the end.

Faster than i thought I could do and all the long runs in the past few weeks have obviously helped.

Another decent run tomorrow and then start to wind down for my 50k in two weeks.

Despite me moaning all week about running, today has done wonders! Just cracked open a bottle of Shiraz and I'm now tempted to sign up to kielder

Came second in haltwhistle half marathon today in 1.19.17. . . won £30. . . my first cash prize . . .spent it already though :)
Class! Was there presentation and everything afterwards?

10 miles for me this morning, nice and steady. Felt the effects of a hard 5k yesterday and got a bit of pain behind my knee. Will hopefully pass quickly...

15 mile on Sunday last big effort before the marathon mileage will be down this week and "just" 12 miles on Sunday. Everyone in the house got a cold at the minute so bound to catch somthing.

Just done 6 mile along the sea front. Didn't realise how warm it is. Same again tomorrow and that's two months running I've done 70 mile in the month.

Class! Was there presentation and everything afterwards?

10 miles for me this morning, nice and steady. Felt the effects of a hard 5k yesterday and got a bit of pain behind my knee. Will hopefully pass quickly...
Thanks. Aye there was a presentation. . not quite the oscars though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back