Ross Stewart

Knocking back a contract, only to pick up his second serious injury, was very fortunate for the Club, not us supporters though. If he is done, I'll remember him for exciting me when he scored for us and that Wembley goal.....If only he had been fit and had fitted in with Clarkie, Amad and Paddy, I wonder just how many more he would have scored.
It was. And if he can rebuild his career, he may benefit us again.

Though that might be repeating the cycle. I could see him coming back on loan, getting to full fitness, being the centre of all our attacks, scoring goals, then leaving in January to go back to Southampton and us sitting looking stupid because we don't have a striker again.

It was. And if he can rebuild his career, he may benefit us again.

Though that might be repeating the cycle. I could see him coming back on loan, getting to full fitness, being the centre of all our attacks, scoring goals, then leaving in January to go back to Southampton and us sitting looking stupid because we don't have a striker again.
He will not be back here mate.

Loved Ross here and one of my favourite strikers we’ve had in recent times.

It was class watching his progress from a bit-part player when he first signed to becoming the all-round forward we all came to love. Such a shame with his injuries as he was absolutely flying in the Championship for us. Was it 10 in 13 I think he had?

Him & Embo gave me one of the best memories I’ve had watching Sunderland in that play off final. Unbelievable celebrations when that 2nd went in. Hope he recovers and goes on to a successful career.

My heart bleeds for the lad. Genuinely goes down as one of my favourite players since I started mid-70s. Glad he’s getting a payday down there and sorry for Saints fans not getting to see him.

Balls to the lanky jock crack.

It'll be interesting to see if Stewart can get back to any sort of past form following such a long layoff...

Probs will be a bit like Craig Gordon and still playing late into his 30s. But he will have to step back in standard from Southampton I suspect.
It has been a very good call. He was injured and wanted to go, and the right money came in, so he went. Good business. We just didn't replace him. Which was the issue. 👌
Funny word ‘Just’

Last edited:
Even a knarled busted old clock is right twice a day....a fit stewart would be the first name on the team sheet...you think it was good business as if they knew he would break down..i assure you that was not why they sold him .it just looks better than it was because of his injury....
Even without the most recent injury we couldn't turn that type of money down for a player with 1 year on his contract and a recent history of major injuries.

Back