Roberge away, we must be signing a couple of C H's

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Congerton can manage to shift the remaining deadwood; Diakite, Cabral, Graham and now as it looks Roberge too, I think he would have completed a minor miracle, as these piss poor players were allegedly on good contracts, dished out by Di Fanti & Co.

How many would that make it, having left or been released since the end of last season? 18….amazing!

A tight 23 man squad as Poyet wanted with no excess crap hanging around would be outstanding business with hopefully no 'bad apples'.

Not there yet, but these 3/4 out and 3/4 gooduns to come in as rumoured and this would have been an outstanding window IMO.
Completely agree, said elsewhere that it was as important to ship out as bring in this window and I'm amazed he's shipped so many.
A squad where nobody isn't wanted can only be a positive and it will hopefully allow us to focus on strengthening with decent additions in the next couple of windows.
Not the popular view maybe, but I think Congerton has done some good work during this window.

If we do get rid of Roberge & Diakite, then we need more than the 3 players Poyet has been asking for in the press. It's gonna have to be 4 now IMO. 2 CBs, one of which can play left back. One attacking left and one creative CM. the last one isn't as important, but would be great. CB is 100% our priority now

If we do get rid of Roberge & Diakite, then we need more than the 3 players Poyet has been asking for in the press. It's gonna have to be 4 now IMO. 2 CBs, one of which can play left back. One attacking left and one creative CM. the last one isn't as important, but would be great. CB is 100% our priority now
Entirely this.

Our thin squads getting thinner

He won't go unless there's a nailed on replacement marra ;)

On paper - Alderweireld - Van Dijk - JOS - PVA but who knows how they'll adapt to a new league?
Would also be a bit unfair on Vergini & Brown at the minute.

Surely this isn't going to happen? Not at SAFC.

In all honesty Alderweireld &/or Van Dijk could turn out to be dump, it's not like we're after Maldini or Beckenbauer.

Last edited:
On paper - Alderweireld - Van Dijk - JOS - PVA but who knows how they'll adapt to a new league?
Would also be a bit unfair on Vergini & Brown at the minute.

Surely this isn't going to happen? Not at SAFC.

You're right, it probably isn't.

Agree with this, you wont be far wide of the mark with that, although it appears that the CM spot is closest to being addressed if the Alvarez rumours are true. I can only see us getting one of Van Dijk or Alderweireld (i'd be over the moon with both though). Fuck knows about the left wing, Kalou's off to Germany, then there's Borini! In a nutshell, I think we may be left short.

Agreed. I know Roberge is weak but I always thought he might have been better suited to playing at LB, he's not as quick as PVA but isn't slow and from what I've seen of him he's comfortable bringing the ball out from the back and using it effectively without being startling. Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating him being a first choice LB but decent cover. Looks as though we have other plans.

Agreed. I know Roberge is weak but I always thought he might have been better suited to playing at LB, he's not as quick as PVA but isn't slow and from what I've seen of him he's comfortable bringing the ball out from the back and using it effectively without being startling. Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating him being a first choice LB but decent cover. Looks as though we have other plans.

It would seem so, the mere fact
we are considering offers for him shows our confidence in getting at least one of the 2 CBs

Agree with this, you wont be far wide of the mark with that, although it appears that the CM spot is closest to being addressed if the Alvarez rumours are true. I can only see us getting one of Van Dijk or Alderweireld (i'd be over the moon with both though). Fuck knows about the left wing, Kalou's off to Germany, then there's Borini! In a nutshell, I think we may be left short.
my issue is, I'd be absolutely delighted with Alvarez, but he is the least important position to fill IMO, obviously he can cover at left wing so we wouldn't be totally screwed, but if we want him to play to his full potential we need another attacking signing so he can move to the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back