Recruitment Policy...who really is responsible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is that Congerton discusses budet & signing's with poyet, Poyet then gets on with coaching the team, Congerton gets on with finding the players for the right price...it's not that hard to understand really
So why is Gus bleating on in the press that recruitment has nothing to do with him and he can only work with the quality of players that have been presented to him. If it's as you say, why is he saying he has no say in the matter?

So why is Gus bleating on in the press that recruitment has nothing to do with him and he can only work with the quality of players that have been presented to him. If it's as you say, why is he saying he has no say in the matter?
The quality of players he is being offered to sign are poor.

gus has been openly talking about the club's recruitment policy and he is adamant that it is down to Congerton to bring in new players.

Does this actually mean that Congerton is responsible for recruitment following discussions with Gus or is he solely responsible without Gus' invovolvement. Gus seems to be implying that it is the latter. If this is the case, it is alarming as Gus needs to satisfied that any new player either bought or taken on loan must fit into his envisaged system.

Is it merely the case of Gus covering his back in case if new signings are not successful? I cannot believe that Gus has no input as to potential targets, as he often refers to meetings he has had or will be having with Congers to discuss transfers. Also, he must have identified both Bridcutt and Buckley as players he wanted, which seems to contradict what he is i playing lately in the press.

It all seems a bit confusing to me!

Logon or register to see this image

Mmmm...maybe.

That was in June when the transfer window was open, there were no games to prepare for, players on their jollies ... of course they spoke every day.

I doubt whether Congerton would have meant this comment to imply discussions took place every day of the actual season, apart from in the window and the run up to it.

Don't know why people are so keen to paint this as they're Congerton signs the players v Poyet signs the players. If they're not working together they both want sacking.

I don't know mate, you'll have to ask Poyet about that one, he's seem's to have changed his mind a couple of times regarding telling the press one thing then another

That was in June when the transfer window was open, there were no games to prepare for, players on their jollies ... of course they spoke every day.

I doubt whether Congerton would have meant this comment to imply discussions took place every day of the actual season, apart from in the window and the run up to it.

Don't know why people are so keen to paint this as they're Congerton signs the players v Poyet signs the players. If they're not working together they both want sacking.

In my opinion Gus' second comment implies he hasn't had the degree of contact he was expecting.I'll presume they've both been provided with a club phone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back