Rangers just gone top, lost one match since dumping Beale

So Rangers finally get to first place in their annual two horse race today.

Checking the table you can see they have now only lost four matches this season

Three of these four Rangers’ losses were in the first seven games of the season - funnily enough when Wor Michael Beale was in charge

Since letting Beale go Rangers have only lost one league match in nineteen… to Celtic

Luckily for us (🙄) Mr Speakman was alert though to the possibility of bringing this chancer in to our club…
His training sessions have started to pay off then!

We're still short of a decent you know what.
But you're right a good manager should perform better with this squad.(and I include Mowbray in that)
A defensive mid? Aye, I agree. ;)

People need to remember that most of the squads in the division are unbalanced or lacking in key areas.

I’d genuinely love to see what a progressive, quality head coach would do with this lot. I think we’d assess a lot of the recruitment differently if we had one as they’d make the players look better and utilise them properly as, say, McKenna has at Ipswich.

Three of these four Rangers’ losses were in the first seven games of the season - funnily enough when Wor Michael Beale was in charge

Since letting Beale go Rangers have only lost one league match in nineteen… to Celtic

Luckily for us (🙄) Mr Speakman was alert though to the possibility of bringing this chancer in to our club…
Probably Mowbray's fault somehow. :p

That is a decent achievement though isn’t it? I appreciate it ultimately counted for nothing but was there really that much shame in coming second to Postecoglou’s Celtic? I don’t watch SPL but if his Celtic team were anything like his Spurs side then I would say not.

As I say, I don’t watch the SPL so those are genuine questions.
It has no bearing on how I judge the job he’s doing here (which I think is really poor) either way.

His record at Rangers was absolute shit. That's why he lasted 307 days.

He didn't have the best, or the second best winning record of Rangers managers, which I keep reading on here, though not so much now that everyone can see what an absolute f***ing knacker he is. Clement and McCoist were both ahead of him.

The whole use of a win percentage as a statistic to show what Beale did at Rangers is bad use of statistics. Over the course of history, Scottish football has got more and more centred around the top two teams, so win percentages have gone up and up for those teams. Although Beale did find a way to leave them below the mighty St. Mirren.

So for example Beale has a far better win percentage than a manager who won 18 League titles, 10 Scottish Cups, and 2 League Cups. He has a far better win percentage than Souness or Walter Smith.

It's completely meaningless.

Beale is one of only three managers in Rangers history who left without winning a trophy. Only two managers in Rangers history have been sacked quicker than Michael Beale.

He was shit at Rangers, and has been shit here.

Last edited by a moderator:

He didn't have the best, or the second best winning record of Rangers managers, which I keep reading on here, though not so much now that everyone can see what an absolute f***ing knacker he is. Clement and McCoist were both ahead of him.

The whole use of a win percentage as a statistic to show what Beale did at Rangers is bad use of statistics. Over the course of history, Scottish football has got more and more centred around the top two teams, so win percentages have gone up and up for those teams. Although Beale did find a way to leave them below the mighty St. Mirren.

So for example Beale has a far better win percentage than a manager who won 18 League titles, 10 Scottish Cups, and 2 League Cups. He has a far better win percentage than Souness or Walter Smith.

Beale is one of only three managers in Rangers history who left without winning a trophy. Only two managers in Rangers history have been sacked quicker than Michael Beale.

Surely he did have the second highest. Clement has surpassed him since.

You say about the changing face of Scottish football meaning those numbers are irrelevant but his predecessor didn’t post nearly the same sort stats.

I agree he has been shit here.

I always wanted the guy that lost three out of seven games with Rangers in the SPL. :(

I always wanted the guy that lost three out of seven games with Rangers in the SPL. :(
Dont really follow Scottish football that closely as it “seems” to me like a two horse sectarian race most seasons

But as far as I can tell when Beale took over in November 2022 the previous season Rangers had just been in the finals of the Scottish Cup beating Hearts and the final of the UEFA Cup losing to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Beale in charge then had them lose in both domestic cups and finish seven (7) points behind Celtic

Beale was sacked after just seven matches of this season - after Rangers had lost three times including to Kilmarnock

Since Beale was sacked the exact same Rangers team has gone on a storming run losing just once, drawing once and winning every other league game before finally going top today

Not sure what spreadsheets Speakman used in his search for a Head Coach to replace Uncle Tony?

Beale probably was the cheapest option though to be fair

gresat post. yeah win eprcentages is a meaningless because it has to adjust for length of time there and competitivess of compeititon..

This dullard is an absolute embarrassment.

I can't remember any precedent when the same manager, in the same season, has so massively underperformed against two other managers, managing exactly the same players, at two different clubs.

At Sunderland, Mowbray got 1.42 points a game with this group of players, and got sacked, but this dullard is getting 1.26 points a game. That difference is already worth 7 points a season (and we sacked Mowbray!), and is only going to get worse with the run of fixtures we have coming up.

At Rangers, this dullard got 1.71 points per game. Clement has got 2.71 points per game. That difference would be worth 38 points a season.

He is completely useless. No idea what is going on, no idea what to do, no idea how to manage people, no idea how to get results.

An absolute f***ing bluffer who found someone in Speakman who was so up his own arsehole that he fell for it, just like he once did with Lee Johnson.
Makes you wonder what data we were looking at?

That is a decent achievement though isn’t it? I appreciate it ultimately counted for nothing but was there really that much shame in coming second to Postecoglou’s Celtic? I don’t watch SPL but if his Celtic team were anything like his Spurs side then I would say not.

As I say, I don’t watch the SPL so those are genuine questions.
It has no bearing on how I judge the job he’s doing here (which I think is really poor) either way.
No it's not. He was first there with a team already functioning - he left it 3rd in a 2 horse race after tinkering a bit to make things worse.

Hasn't done a full season anywhere as a head coach/manager and its amazing that speakman fell for this chancers bluffing.

No it's not. He was first there with a team already functioning - he left it 3rd in a 2 horse race after tinkering a bit to make things worse.

Hasn't done a full season anywhere as a head coach/manager and its amazing that speakman fell for this chancers bluffing.
Is that true he hasn't completed full season anywhere?

Back