Questions/Talk that doesn't warrant a new thread, thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
14lbs down and a PB! 210kg paused squat in just a belt. Next time
I paused as main movement, I'm going for 220kg (I think that equals the BPU record in my age/weight). Throwing on wraps next week and time to really get some heavy weight moved. I want BPU no wraps and GPC wrapped squat records next year.

How well do theoretical 1rm, based on weight lifted and for how many repetitions, carry over into reality, usually?

Obviously I'm not thinking about trying any maxes for the forseeable future (entering week 8 since restarting 5 x 5) but just having a sneaky peak at whereabouts I am.

Apparently I'm approaching my best ever deadlift, could theoretically beat my squat pr (although I'm now repping weights I'd never repped before so every time I train I achieve something great) and am getting close to my best ever bench.

Pretty individual, but on the whole if say fairly well, but that depends how well you handle heavy singles. Generally though, if you're breaking 5 rep PBs, you're going to move more on singles.

14lbs down and a PB! 210kg paused squat in just a belt. Next time
I paused as main movement, I'm going for 220kg (I think that equals the BPU record in my age/weight). Throwing on wraps next week and time to really get some heavy weight moved. I want BPU no wraps and GPC wrapped squat records next year.

Pretty individual, but on the whole if say fairly well, but that depends how well you handle heavy singles. Generally though, if you're breaking 5 rep PBs, you're going to move more on singles.

Like I mentioned on here, I got 10kg below my previous PR for two or three reps (can't actually remember now, I didn't record it as I didn't intend to do it) last month so I reckon I could get more than 160kg for a single now.

I was always thinking that I might consider switching programmes when I'd cleared being able to squat three plates for 5. Seeing as I keep progressing without difficulty, there's just no point in stopping.

Well done on that 210 like, fantastic! What do you weigh these days?

Like I mentioned on here, I got 10kg below my previous PR for two or three reps (can't actually remember now, I didn't record it as I didn't intend to do it) last month so I reckon I could get more than 160kg for a single now.

I was always thinking that I might consider switching programmes when I'd cleared being able to squat three plates for 5. Seeing as I keep progressing without difficulty, there's just no point in stopping.

Well done on that 210 like, fantastic! What do you weigh these days?

Yeah exactly. Milk everything you can from a programme and then make whatever adjustments you need to get things rolling again. I and my training partners all agree, that the more advanced we get, the more we realise that a lot of guys are f***ing around with advanced things that they don't need.

Thanks mate, about 105kg @ 5"11-6ft. Going for this comp at 100kg and then next year probably 90kg. I'm heavier than I expected to be at the body fat I am; somewhere between 90-100kg is probably my best weight though.

Yeah exactly. Milk everything you can from a programme and then make whatever adjustments you need to get things rolling again. I and my training partners all agree, that the more advanced we get, the more we realise that a lot of guys are f***ing around with advanced things that they don't need.

Thanks mate, about 105kg @ 5"11-6ft. Going for this comp at 100kg and then next year probably 90kg. I'm heavier than I expected to be at the body fat I am; somewhere between 90-100kg is probably my best weight though.

I'm probably going to be in a different weight class to you then I'd guess when it comes to any meets next year. I'm about 6'2" so really need to throw on a lot more weight. 91kg at the minute but that's going up steadily at the rate I'd expect. Way too light for my height at the moment. I still look very gangly, or at least think I do :lol:

Re: programmes, the only thing I regularly fail on is OHP. Every second time I do it I don't get it. Invariably it's the 5th rep of the 4th set. Like clockwork, really weird.

I don't think I should mind that I occasionally take an accessory to failure though.

Hit a 220kg beltless deficit deadlift today. Give that I trained at a different time, had less sleep and less food than usual, I'll take it. This week's PBs:

Paused squat: 210kg
Paused bench: 145kg
Beltless deficit dead: 220kg

Any of you used a fat burner alongside your training before? @Titus @Charmless Man @Lewberry pie @oROSSo @Thurston

Always been sceptical of them like.
Yea a few. Would avoid as they either don't work at all and/or give you stomach problems. They just aren't worth the money. I've had more joy with fish-oil and digestive enzymes.

The only decent one I've found isn't actually a fat-burner per se, and was by accident. Modalert. Popular with students.

Yea a few. Would avoid as they either don't work at all and/or give you stomach problems. They just aren't worth the money. I've had more joy with fish-oil and digestive enzymes.

The only decent one I've found isn't actually a fat-burner per se, and was by accident. Modalert. Popular with students.

Where do you get your enzymes from mate? Do you train in Sunderland?

Where do you get your enzymes from mate? Do you train in Sunderland?
I'm getting 'Universal Animal Pak' at the moment, mate. Discount Supplements about £20. They're included in that. Decent actually.

Yea, Health and Racquet again after leaving Pure Gym. My workouts at the moment are nothing but squats. Get some right looks. :lol:

Quest Enzyme Digest are meant to be ok, but me personally, i would rather do 2 or 3 5 mile runs a week along side my training programme and solid diet. Cheaper and healthier.

I had gastro issues last year mate, believe it was kicked off by me abusing caffeine and it flaring up and digestive enzymes would help now that I'm looking to kick up the calories over winter.

Quest Enzyme Digest are meant to be ok, but me personally, i would rather do 2 or 3 5 mile runs a week along side my training programme and solid diet. Cheaper and healthier.
Xyience enzymes were probably the best I've used, but I don't know if you can get them anymore. No adverse health effects. Other than possibly body dysmorphia.

I had gastro issues last year mate, believe it was kicked off by me abusing caffeine and it flaring up and digestive enzymes would help now that I'm looking to kick up the calories over winter.
My mate who's a big fucker swears by those and he is due a bulk soon. Just googled them and you can get them in H&B apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back