Pre-season in Alicante (Benidorm)

I know a few that are making a proper holiday of it, rather than a weekend away with the lads which Amsterdam was for most. Benidorm/Alicante covers pretty much all grounds: family holiday, lads holiday, cheap holiday with a lass. I mean, how many SAFC fans already go there annually anyway?

Benidorm is in the sun, it's a popular resort already, and it's cheap. Possibly cheaper than Amsterdam for digs/to get there. Certainly cheaper for spending money whilst there.

Can't really compare the two imo. I'd be surprised if there's less than 1,500 there, I'd be extremely surprised if there's less than 1,000. The only way there'd be that few people is if loads can't be arsed for the journey from Benidorm to wherever we're playing.
Amsterdam is one of the most expensive cities in Europe for hotel rooms, possibly higher even than London.

If they are based in Alicante then I would assume Hercules ground?
No idea like. I went years ago when England played Spain there and I’d imagine it’s a bit big to be using it for a pre season game where there’ll only be a few thousand there.

Amsterdam is one of the most expensive cities in Europe for hotel rooms, possibly higher even than London.
In Amsterdam next Friday just for 1 night, hotel only basic cost €145
No idea like. I went years ago when England played Spain there and I’d imagine it’s a bit big to be using it for a pre season game where there’ll only be a few thousand there.
I was in alicante a few yrs ago and took in a game Hercules v Andorra also watched Spain v Scotland following yr.few decent bars on that walk up the hill.

Last edited:
What has it do with us. We are away we await details from the home clubs. Blimey. Or do.we control every away club we play away to regarding their ticket sales??
why have the club twice made official announcements on it then without actually confirming any specific details! after saying they would by the end of Feb
and sell official packages?

why have the club twice made official announcements on it then without actually confirming any specific details! after saying they would by the end of Feb
and sell official packages?
Its a bastard joke.

Over 5 weeks since announcement n no location/opposition/ticket info.

Booking nowt till thats announced cos theyre capable of fecking anything up.

Its a bastard joke.

Over 5 weeks since announcement n no location/opposition/ticket info.

Booking nowt till thats announced cos theyre capable of fecking anything up.
Prices are ridiculous now, I booked on day club announced the tour and I looked yesterday and the price for our week away for same hotel/flights is now £600 more expensive!

Back