Poyet hints club is "rotten to the core" and wonders if anyone can ever sort the club out

• Thread starter Deleted member 31305
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talks of Gus not being committed, the players themselves not being committed what the fuck is going on? This is S.A.F.C we have/had a reputation as battlers, we used to fight all the way to the final whistle, never give up. This bunch of fairies raise their game for the likes of Everton, Man.City etc but down tools against Crystal Palace, West Ham (no disrespect) but all we ask is for then to put the f***ing effort in. I wish this season was over.
This will be seen as an easy excuse to muster, but I put it all down to the Sky era, many wont have it but the game's gone soft, everyone in football gets far too much far too easily, it's all down to the Sky money.
Even we as fans suffer from delusions of grandeur, nowt wrong with ambition, but in all honesty we're not among the top teams in the country, we'd all like to be, many spout that we should be, but in my fifty years of watching the lads we've never been a power within the game and it doesn't look like we will be any time soon.

The club are big time bottlers. When we get to the crossroads and it's time to kick on they f***ing bottle it. Nee ambition at all. Happy just being in the division.

exactly right. It happened under Murray/Reid. It happened with Short/Bruce.

We refuse to learn our lessons.

I don't agree, maybe the last season yeah I agree, but before that we did invest a lot under Bruce, and he spent very badly
Aye and then the club bottled it by selling everyone worth any money. Serial bottles and basically incompetent. The clubs attracts f***ing wasters at all levels.

He's been here six months and he thinks it is rotten to the core?

Six months?

How can a club really be rotten to the core? What is the core anyhow? Suppose in the end it must be the area and the supporters. Certainly the players cant be core as they come and go like old milk bottles. The owner? Don't think he is rotten to the core.

So it must be us cos we are the only ones who are the core of this club.

So fuck off Gus.

Jesus wept

I have heard it all now

So instead of blaming the players who actually played for Di Canio, you blame the ones who weren't even training with the first team for his demise

you have gone too far there mate, lost all credibility.

I blame them all. The old players who were shit in the beginning and the new players who have been shit since. I blame Di Canio more than most by the way. But it's clear that there's some things wrong at our club. You seem far too keen to absolve the older players of any of this blame.

Aye and then the club bottled it by selling everyone worth any money. Serial bottles and basically incompetent. The clubs attracts f***ing wasters at all levels.

Yeah lost the plot in the end, we just sign anyone who we can at the minute

I think one of the things he is concerned at is the number of own goals we've racked up, he's alluded to this stat before and I honestly think that he believes it is more than just bad luck.

Quinny's reign was the best we've ever been in my lifetime. We had some top players & some belief we were going places. We were 6th in the league at one point for a number of weeks with many talking about top 8 finishes etc. Someone at the club opted to sell these players off slowly but surely to the point where we are at now. Squad packed full of average plodders. Quinny legged it before it got to this point.
He didn't leg it Short got rid.

I don't agree, maybe the last season yeah I agree, but before that we did invest a lot under Bruce, and he spent very badly

he didn't. He got us 6th in the league with a class striker. I don't believe Bruce had much say when AVFC offered stupid money for said striker. What could he do? The club knew we'd survive in the league without Bent & anything else was a bonus so they took the £18million and legged it.

It isn't a lie at all. It's been seen by a good friend of mine with no reason to lie.

And you don't think players talk when they're not training together, probably with Bardsley and Cattermole regularly having digs at Di Canio?? It all affects performance. If you think the pitch is the only thing that matters then you're naive.

Out with Westwood and Cattermole by any chance? For some reason I always imagined O'Shea to be the teetotal type but know a couple of people who reckon that them 3 are quite often in House of Smith on a weekend.

Yeah lost the plot in the end, we just sign anyone who we can at the minute
I have no f***ing idea why the club think its a good idea to buy 15 shite players and pay them a fortune rather than buying 5 quality players and paying them the same fortune. f***ing mental.

I blame them all. The old players who were shit in the beginning and the new players who have been shit since. I blame Di Canio more than most by the way. But it's clear that there's some things wrong at our club. You seem far too keen to absolve the older players of any of this blame.

It isn't absolving them

I agree that they aren't good enough most of them, the likes of Gardner and Larsson etc

But I just have a problem with this attitude thing, it is nonsense, they are good trainers and hard workers, just lacking quality. We have needed to sign quality players ever since Bruce left but have always signed players worse than we already had.

These players aren't "seeing off" managers, they keep getting played because they are the best we have.

It is the clubs fault for not signing anyone better, because at tops they are a team who can just survive relegation.

I have no f***ing idea why the club think its a good idea to buy 15 shite players and pay them a fortune rather than buying 5 quality players and paying them the same fortune. f***ing mental.

I know, spot on.

He's been here six months and he thinks it is rotten to the core?

Six months?

How can a club really be rotten to the core? What is the core anyhow? Suppose in the end it must be the area and the supporters. Certainly the players cant be core as they come and go like old milk bottles. The owner? Don't think he is rotten to the core.

So it must be us cos we are the only ones who are the core of this club.

So fuck off Gus.
He hasn't said that man for fuck's sake. He has said there is an underlying problem that he cannot identify which he described as 'something rotten at the core'. This phrase got undue emphasis by the journalist, who has successfully wound up all the chompers on here, as if they needed it, cue dozens of pages about 'rotten' players and other f***ing guff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back