Poyet hints club is "rotten to the core" and wonders if anyone can ever sort the club out

• Thread starter Deleted member 31305
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...es-rule-leaving-Black-Cats.html#ixzz2ynqylQgY

On the number of high-calibre managers who have tried and failed before, he added: ‘That’s what I mean. I mean it’s sad because at the end of it the one who goes is the manager. You try, you try, you try, but at the end the one who loses his job and looks bad is the manager. So I’m going to find it (an answer) before I go!

‘Do I have the appetite to find it? I said too many times I cannot promise I will get this club safe because it would be silly. It would be lying to you to say I will promise you we will be safe and then nothing happens and I walk away. But I’m going to leave it a better club. I think we are a better club from the moment I got here.

Hmm...

Similar comments in the Guardian from Louise Taylor too:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/13/gus-poyet-sunderland-everton

MON and Bruce never blamed the players. They might have at some point, i really dont care. Don't quote me trying to be all correct snd shite.

Who is the core?

Seing as though he has offered Bardsley a new contract and has praised Cattermole as his best player

Talking more shite

If you don't want the job Gus, just fuck off, we don't need you.

Because O'Neill was never at the club to know what was happening and Bruce signed most of them so was never going to criticise his own signings.

He wants to keep two of the so called main offenders, he is talking shite again

I'm more concerned about the fact he's talking as if he already knows he'll not be hanging around much longer and is happy provided we aren't under the control of Dictator Di Canio.

I'm more concerned about the fact he's talking as if he already knows he'll not be hanging around much longer and is happy provided we aren't under the control of Dictator Di Canio.

Why is that bad? He hasn't exactly been great lately has he?

I would rather want someone in charge who is proud to be Sunderland manager, and doesn't seem like he is doing everyone a favour by even staying.

So who's rotten?

The owner
The CEO (She's useless not rotten)
The rest of the board
The senior players (are all moving on this summer.)
The ground staff
The fans
The academy staff

It's just smoke and mirror's he's looking for an excuse (and a pay out)
If he's not 100% committed he should leave, seems similar senario to Brighton last season.

Relegation is a clear the decks opportunity for the club. So it seems a bit silly that he would walk at the point when this 'core' is nearing its end.

Or has Gus not got the bottle to rebuild this squad from scratch?

So who's rotten?

The owner
The CEO (She's useless not rotten)
The rest of the board
The senior players (are all moving on this summer.)
The ground staff
The fans
The academy staff

It's just smoke and mirror's he's looking for an excuse (and a pay out)
If he's not 100% committed he should leave, seems similar senario to Brighton last season.

Yeah good post that mate.

Relegation is a clear the decks opportunity for the club. So it seems a bit silly that he would walk at the point when this 'core' is nearing its end.

Or has Gus not got the bottle to rebuild this squad from scratch?

Think you answered your own question there like.

Why is that bad? He hasn't exactly been great lately has he?

I would rather want someone in charge who is proud to be Sunderland manager, and doesn't seem like he is doing everyone a favour by even staying.

Because in a few weeks time we'll be a championship club. This championship club will make a championship appointment. How does Warnock or Billy Davies sound?

Now is not the time to be appointing a new manager. Too many clubs have went down and not returned. Clubs with more recent success than us. There's nothing stopping us joining that ever-growing list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back