Poyet 'drastic'

Status
Not open for further replies.

i think lee congerton needs to be very careful with his stringent style when it comes to transfers. i understand that he wants to make a good impression with the owner and make good transfers at reasonable costs but he is in danger of missing the boat completely. the market is beginning to open up pretty fast but he needs to start and make a move or we could end up panic buying average players and be back in the same situation as we've had for the last few years. last thing we need is poyet having to 'make do' with players that aren't really suited to our style of play.

perfectly understandable that we want quality players but if you want them, you have to pay for them.

Too much time being spent pissing about with Alonso & Borini at the minute. A way forward with those two should have been clarified not long after the season ended.

This time last year we had signed a raft of players who, to a man were all utter horseshite. I have no idea what the signings are going to be like or how we will start the season so I'm not going to waste time fretting.

why are people hating on gus, the man whose miracle kept us up last season. it's congerton who is failing us

Not being funny, but how is he failing us? On Friday we showed real ambition having a bid accepted for Borini. We also have bids in for other players but we need to stick to a budget.

People just need to chill

there are some right fannies on here, the signings will come in, a lot of teams are still trying to sign players, just chill out

:lol: People like you have facts in your face and through sheer blind optimism you fail to take any of them serious and instead choose to imagine what might be happening. If I'm a fanny, you're a thick twat.

Now take this in as this is what is happening based on the information we know:

- We lost Colback to the mags on a free;

- Wickham is entering the last year of his contract and has turned down an offer to renew it;

- We've had a fee accepted for Borini but he's got on a plane to the US to join Liverpool's pre-season tour. It does not appear he is keen to sign and is holding out for a better deal;

- We have had yet another bid turned down for Alonso;

- As of yet, we have failed to replace the three loan players last season. We aren't even on par in terms of quality with the average team we finished last season with. We'd need to bring in further players to improve on that side;

- Our main pre-season tour is less than a week away;

- The season begins in less than four weeks;

- What exactly is Congerton's background? Who is negotiating on behalf of the club?

I've heard Congerton speak and comes across well. However he is yet to get one transfer across the line yet and I'm getting a little concerned. The players who I thought were nailed on to arrive, Alonso, Vergini haven't even been signed. I have faith in Poyet but anyone who doesn't think we are weaker than when we ended the season is just kidding themselves.

Last Wednesday (I think it was) Congerton was saying how relaxed he was with the way things are going.

6 days on and Gus is saying the situation is 'drastic.'

Seems like there's a lack of communication at the top which is pretty worrying.

i think lee congerton needs to be very careful with his stringent style when it comes to transfers. i understand that he wants to make a good impression with the owner and make good transfers at reasonable costs but he is in danger of missing the boat completely. the market is beginning to open up pretty fast but he needs to start and make a move or we could end up panic buying average players and be back in the same situation as we've had for the last few years. last thing we need is poyet having to 'make do' with players that aren't really suited to our style of play.

perfectly understandable that we want quality players but if you want them, you have to pay for them.

Sense on SMB? What next? ;)

Well that confirms it, upper management and chief negotiators are failing us.

What have all the 'happy clapper', "keep the faith" got to say about the situation now?

Chill out - there's a long, hot summer still to go - holidays, siestas, suna, sand and other things - come the 18th Aug everything will be in place:)

This time last year we had signed a raft of players who, to a man were all utter horseshite. I have no idea what the signings are going to be like or how we will start the season so I'm not going to waste time fretting.
Our 2 worst pre-seasons were when we signed a load of players early doors - last year and Bruce's final summer. Happy to hold on for now and save my panic for 1st September.

Last Wednesday (I think it was) Congerton was saying how relaxed he was with the way things are going.

6 days on and Gus is saying the situation is 'drastic.'

Seems like there's a lack of communication at the top which is pretty worrying.

They probably thought the Borini situation was going to be plain sailing. I'd like to think we have a good back up option thoroughly scouted :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back