Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
BG's a monster like. I designed those Binch Skwot Didlift shirts he sells, he's got a few different designs and a Josh Hancott mashup one but hes never put them up for sale not sure why. Nice bloke like.

I think its a boxing gym mate, might have a dodge in. Im gonna try n visit all the gyms in Sunderland at some point theres f***ing loads of them!

It's got a weight section but nowt special

Kid I train with wants to take two weeks off but training well at the minute will probably take a week but dont want to really! Anyone else in this boat? Its surprised me been training a year and loving it

Is there anything obvious thats wrong with this routine? 5x5 style so training Monday Wednesday Friday alternating between workout A and B

I just mean have I got anything in the wrong workout or does it not really matter?

A) Squats, barbell row, shoulder press, barbell curls

B) Squats, Bench press, skull crushers, deadlifts.

[
BG's a monster like. I designed those Binch Skwot Didlift shirts he sells, he's got a few different designs and a Josh Hancott mashup one but hes never put them up for sale not sure why. Nice bloke like.

Are you a Kiwi eh bru?

Kid I train with wants to take two weeks off but training well at the minute will probably take a week but dont want to really! Anyone else in this boat? Its surprised me been training a year and loving it

Might have a week off what with travelling/gym opening times over the festive period.

Is there anything obvious thats wrong with this routine? 5x5 style so training Monday Wednesday Friday alternating between workout A and B

I just mean have I got anything in the wrong workout or does it not really matter?

A) Squats, barbell row, shoulder press, barbell curls

B) Squats, Bench press, skull crushers, deadlifts.

A) Squat, Bench, Row

B) Squat, Press, Deadlift

Yes the order matters to an extent. But not as much as not doing them. Not sure about the accessories but I'd save them for after the main lifts.

Last edited:
[

Are you a Kiwi eh bru?

Might have a week off what with travelling/gym opening times over the festive period.

A) Squat, Bench, Row

Yes the order matters to an extent. But not as much as not doing them. Not sure about the accessories but I'd save them for after the main lifts.

Just for this instance which ones would you put the accessories on?

Just for this instance which ones would you put the accessories on?

The nearest thing I can think of to what you're doing is Jason Blaha's version of 5x5 which will see you doing tricep/bicep assistance on the same day. Which is on day A & B.

Dependent on your goal swapping them for other assistance work might be an idea. But it's all personal preference at the end of the day. Assistance is just that... assistance for the main lifts.

The nearest thing I can think of to what you're doing is Jason Blaha's version of 5x5 which will see you doing tricep/bicep assistance on the same day. Which is on day A & B.

Dependent on your goal swapping them for other assistance work might be an idea. But it's all personal preference at the end of the day. Assistance is just that... assistance for the main lifts.

I was just wanting to add 1 bicep and 1 tricep specific exercise along with the 5x5 stuff.

Not looking to train them both 3 times a week but I'll have a look at Blahas and see what its like.

Cheers for the advice mate.

[

Are you a Kiwi eh bru?
Thats what I'm thinking get next week in then a full week off.

A) Squat, Bench, Row

Just a question for you all, if you can help me out at all ?

Sometimes when I bench I get an electric shock type feeling shooting down my upper arm, somewhere around the tricep area.

Do I have bad aids? If not what it is ?

Need to buy a CPAP machine I think. Going to rent one for a month and see if I feel much better

Just a question for you all, if you can help me out at all ?

Sometimes when I bench I get an electric shock type feeling shooting down my upper arm, somewhere around the tricep area.

Do I have bad aids? If not what it is ?
Both or just one? Do you arch your back so you're on your upper back?

During or after?

Back