Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Injuries ruin everything like
was pissed off like. Think I'm gonna have to sack power cleans off for something less explosive. T-Bat rows or summit. Hurt to do bench press but it was OK doing push ups last night.

Will T-Bar rows and straight arm pulldowns do a decent job at hitting the majority of my back until I graduate to pull ups?

Last edited:

was pissed off like. Think I'm gonna have to sack power cleans off for something less explosive. T-Bat rows or summit. Hurt to do bench press but it was OK doing push ups last night.

Will T-Bar rows and straight arm pulldowns do a decent job at hitting the majority of my back until I graduate to pull ups?
That's what I do most of like, pull ups, pull downs and rows, not all at the same session like

That's what I do most of like, pull ups, pull downs and rows, not all at the same session like
Aye, I imagine I'm well away from pull ups like and them bands seem to give varying amount of help throughout the movement. Don't like them. Thought T-Bars for middle back and pull downs for lats.

Had a good session, in the main, last night.

5kg PR on my squats for volume. 20kg on to last week's stiff-legged deadlifts as well. As a point on that @Titus - I'm doing these beltless, should I start using my belt and upping the weight more?

Only felt able to maintain last week's weight for bench though. Hate blaming 'tools' but I was at a shitty bench that just doesn't feel wide enough.

My hamstrings are in meltdown today.

Had a good session, in the main, last night.

5kg PR on my squats for volume. 20kg on to last week's stiff-legged deadlifts as well. As a point on that @Titus - I'm doing these beltless, should I start using my belt and upping the weight more?

Only felt able to maintain last week's weight for bench though. Hate blaming 'tools' but I was at a shitty bench that just doesn't feel wide enough.

My hamstrings are in meltdown today.

Keep the Wednesday/Thursday session beltless but use it for working sets on the volume and heavy days

Pressing went fine, but I couldn't grip for deads, grip failed at 160 and had to use straps for my top set of 185. Gonna go see a physio I think, I'm away in Italy next week so I'll be resting it and drinking too much then anyway

Can anyone post a link to a video showing correct technique for face pulls? Watched about half a dozen and every single one is different

Pressing went fine, but I couldn't grip for deads, grip failed at 160 and had to use straps for my top set of 185. Gonna go see a physio I think, I'm away in Italy next week so I'll be resting it and drinking too much then anyway

I'm yet to fathom how to use straps. Last time I used them I couldn't lift the weight, threw them off and repped it out very easily.

I'm yet to fathom how to use straps. Last time I used them I couldn't lift the weight, threw them off and repped it out very easily.
aye never really used them before but they were OK, pretty much the only choice I had yesterday anyway. Booked physio for tomorrow, starting to think it could be a nerve thing with the lack of grip, pains going from my elbow all the way through my shoulder, up my neck and have a headache today

You can get the ones benni magnussun uses, more luke loops and the wrap under the bar and around his wrist, I'd use them if I wanted to use wraps

They do look better but I think it's just not having proper contact with the bar makes me less confident.

I have no grip problems as long as I've chalked my disgusting sweaty palms well.

Might be looking at doing 5 plates for a couple of reps at the end of this week depending on how I feel mate. Just to let you know.

They do look better but I think it's just not having proper contact with the bar makes me less confident.

I have no grip problems as long as I've chalked my disgusting sweaty palms well.

Might be looking at doing 5 plates for a couple of reps at the end of this week depending on how I feel mate. Just to let you know.
Aye well your a prick obviously

Good progress thus far

Good progress thus far

It really has been.

I think it's evident that one main squat day a week was totally insufficient for me.

Really hoping I feel good this Saturday given how I felt last Saturday.

200kg x 3 having squatted 170 x 5 with an absolutely raging bout of man flu - bodes well I reckon!

Oh by the way @Titus - I stumbled upon a video of training at Genesis gym the other day. That Mr Gapzz fella is a f***ing maniac :lol:

Last edited:
It really has been.

I think it's evident that one main squat day a week was totally insufficient for me.

Really hoping I feel good this Saturday given how I felt last Saturday.

200kg x 3 having squatted 170 x 5 with an absolutely raging bout of man flu - bodes well I reckon!

Oh by the way @Titus - I stumbled upon a video of training at Genesis gym the other day. That Mr Gapzz fella is a f***ing maniac :lol:

:lol: He's f***ing hilarious. Deadlifted 280kg at 83kg the other day.

Back