Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=3gyYeZlttdc

270kg from two angles. Back one makes it look pretty high. Wasn't fast but felt easy. This was my fourth consecutive squat day and second heavy one of the week. After resting and recovering (following another 4 weeks of training), I think 280kg+ could be there. Squatting 300kg + as a junior is something only two other people have done in the UK (one of them heavier than me) in any federation, so I plan to do that soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=3gyYeZlttdc

270kg from two angles. Back one makes it look pretty high. Wasn't fast but felt easy. This was my fourth consecutive squat day and second heavy one of the week. After resting and recovering (following another 4 weeks of training), I think 280kg+ could be there. Squatting 300kg + as a junior is something only two other people have done in the UK (one of them heavier than me) in any federation, so I plan to do that soon.

I have paused the video at appropriate points and concluded you are parallel ;)

Also, it's a 25kg Texas squat bar for anybody with a keen eye counting the weights

any reason that my vastus lateralis' don't seem to be growing........at all!? My legs are seemingly just growing out front, not the sides.

Welcome to the club ;)

Is this the record then? So you just need to peak for a comp and smash it Richard keys style?
Only done the hack squat machine thus far but my legs are in trouble right now :)

Been busy the times I've been this week so haven't wanted to take a rack and do orthodox squats / find my range, will do when I'm next there off peak

What's it like
The balance feels 'off' with the bar being so thick the weight is away from you, cleaning the thing without looking like a numptie is the hardest part, although I've watched a few videos now so gonna have another crack this morning.

Pulled my shoulder doing power cleans. FML

Last edited:
Mini-deload until Wednesday/Thursday.

I will send you this week's update today. Honestly felt like not training yesterday, horrific bout of man flu and could barely move. Managed to drag myself in in the afternoon and somehow set a couple of PRs. I felt I could have got more if I could breathe as well. Managed to get a triple at 200kg on deads which moved very quickly. Would maybe be looking at 210kg for a triple when I'm healthy.

Somebody thought I was using nose tork but I had to explain it was just nasal decongestant :lol:

Even though can still feel my shoulder i decided to crack on.....mistake! Worse than ever, was warming up with a 75kg bench and even that was too painful to finish 5 reps. Power cleans - failed top set. Fuck.

Did hit a 170 squat though, despite lack of mobility in m shoulder

Even though can still feel my shoulder i decided to crack on.....mistake! Worse than ever, was warming up with a 75kg bench and even that was too painful to finish 5 reps. Power cleans - failed top set. Fuck.

Did hit a 170 squat though, despite lack of mobility in m shoulder
Injuries ruin everything like

Back