Players you've met whilst pissed

• Thread starter Deleted member 22590
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Gates - just after a member of this board had vomited on the floor in front of him. He wasn't in the mood for conversation the stroke victim faced CnutCnut
Did the poster in question make a HABIT of doing this....

Kevin Nolan when I was in Pompey a few years back, with a few of his scouse mates. He had about 2 grand in notes on him and was desperate to get them out at every opportunity. Called Mike Ashley a C U N T though :lol:

Remember seeing Fraizer Campbell, David Meyler, Lee Cattermole and Phil Bardsley in Tiger Tiger on a Tuesday (Koosday...) a few years ago. Shook hands with Cattermole and Bardsley, drunkenly offered Campbell a half open bottle of cheap wine which got a laugh from him, and Meyler was chatting to one of my Irish mates about hurling or GAA, can't remember now. Positive experience, in fairness.
Also met Bardsley and Cattermole on a Tuesday in Tiger Tiger on one of those Koosday events years ago, we had a bit crack with them and Bardsley got the Jaegerbombs in!

Also met Bardsley and Cattermole on a Tuesday in Tiger Tiger on one of those Koosday events years ago, we had a bit crack with them and Bardsley got the Jaegerbombs in!

Might have been the same night we were in, haha. Think they were just leaving as we got in. Was about 11-12ish when we got in. Wish I'd asked them to get a round in, now!

Might have been the same night we were in, haha. Think they were just leaving as we got in. Was about 11-12ish when we got in. Wish I'd asked them to get a round in, now!
Bardo was working the room in the attempt for some fanny, never seen anything like it! Confidence in abundance. Actually looking back we didn't speak to cattermole he came across as a bit of a wanker to be honest. Knew he was big time.

Andy Reid and daryl murphy...a few days after murphy had gone to Celtic. Went over had a bit chat and they were canny then told murphy he should be ok up Scotland "even" stokes was scoring goals up there. He agreed with me aswell...Andy Reid was a canny guy like.

Bardo was working the room in the attempt for some fanny, never seen anything like it! Confidence in abundance. Actually looking back we didn't speak to cattermole he came across as a bit of a wanker to be honest. Knew he was big time.
Did bardo pull though

Gary Rowell after we beat the mags 2-1 Richardson free kick, he was mortal himself sound as out, bought us a round. Had no choice to start off we all live in a Gary Rowell world.
Kevin Kyle again very nice person

Ian rodgerson. Still do regularly, proper piss head. Mostly in Hereford, he is the physio for team there.

Had a bit crack with Peter Beardsley once for over an hour. Was a canny fella as you'd expect but what really surprised me was that he spent a bit of time wanting to be noticed. A bit disappointed really because I'd always thought of Beardsley as a proper football bloke with no pretentions.

Also, spent a day on the lash with Peter Reid in Manchester, and considering he won league titles, FA Cups and European Cup Winners Cups - what a spot on bloke - funny as fuck as well.

I didn't have much of a conversation with either, just mentioned I'm a lads fan, thanked them for their efforts and shook their hands. Both were receptive, and sound, in fairness. But that was just from minimal interaction with the pair. I think I'd probably find it hard not to be a **** after a drink if I was getting paid thousands a week - ego's bound to be inflated.

Sess and Carlos Cuellar in the Pitcher and Piano the weekend after the 3-0 last season.

I was at a wedding in the bar upstairs and they were just out on the hoy. I spoke to Cuellar for about 10 minutes telling him how amazing the previous weekend had been - he wouldn't take a drink off me!

I told him I thought PDC was a mental fucker but didn't care as long as he kept getting results!

I then became annoying, Sess looked at me as of to say 'whee's the fuck this?..' and CC put his arm around my shoulder, turned me around and sent me on my way...

They then got back to the birds they had turned up with!!!

Charlie Miller a couple of times when he was at Dundee United.

Davie Dodds owned the pub about 3 doors down from the one I worked in when I was 18 so used to chat to him quite a lot.

I don't have any interesting stories about either of them, apart from the rumour that Gazza was gonna be signing for Dundee and coming to the pubs of Broughty Ferry with Miller. It never happened!

Haven't really "met" any players but have seen quite a few of our players and Mag players out on the piss. Bramble was constantly in Perdu.

Andy Reid and daryl murphy...a few days after murphy had gone to Celtic. Went over had a bit chat and they were canny then told murphy he should be ok up Scotland "even" stokes was scoring goals up there. He agreed with me aswell...Andy Reid was a canny guy like.

Was cracking on with a load of Irish lasses one night through Newcastle and they were over to see a friend, one said the lass who theyd come over to see husband is a footballer but played for Sunderland so they had to keep it quiet, we then explained we were all season ticket holders so asked who it was, her mate pipes up "It's Daryl Murphy... But she doesn't like to tell anybody" :):):)

Don Hutchison in baroque after the shearer miss pen 1 2 result . . Think some others were in as well . . can't remember like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back