Players love Stockdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you watch any TV coverage of our games last season, you'll see that Stockdale was in the technical area more than Sam Allardyce. Get the impression he has a great footballing brain. Hope Moyes sees that

More than this, he was in the the technical area and in the ear of Allardyce more the Paul Bracewell, the Assistant Manager...

More than this, he was in the the technical area and in the ear of Allardyce more the Paul Bracewell, the Assistant Manager...
I always get the impression that he does both the first team coach's and the assistant manager's jobs.

I always get the impression that he does both the first team coach's and the assistant manager's jobs.

Think that's why, in his interview quoted above, Allardyce talks about developing him instead of anyone else.

He always looked like the one the players went to for any instructions during breaks in play. Let's just hope Moyes sees him as the Sunderland Neville... :lol:

I love how some of our fans straight away look for the negative in any f***ing scenario :lol::lol:

Nee chance cause he is a quality bloke and coach :lol:
It's the go to reaction like it's second nature to some. Strange behaviour when they apparently care for, even love SAFC.

https://t.co/IjFdA6S249

Relaxed, happy with moyes aslong as Robbie stays. Apparently.
Who cares what the players think or want?
They have a job to do.
When the inmates choose the wardens it's game over.

Already said good things about him in the media

“Robbie has impressed me as a young, ambitious and talented coach,” said Allardyce.

“It’s great for me to be able to promote a young man up to this position.

“I don’t think he quite realises the honour I have bestowed on him just yet, because these jobs are rare – there’s only 20 of them in the best league in the world – and he has a chance to grow.

“I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think he had the capabilities, and hopefully he will blossom as one of the coaches of the future as many of the backroom staff who have worked with me have gone on to greater things over the last 10 or 12 years.

“I think Robbie can develop and evolve into a very, very good coach indeed.

“As a session coach, Robbie has excellent potential.

“It’s all about what he wants to be, and now he has got the opportunity to step up and get involved with the senior boys.

“Certainly in my time here, he has mastered that challenge already.

“Having a young up-and-coming coach with the drive to be better and get better is important to me.

“Hopefully he can be guided on to become as successful as many a coach who has worked with me before.”
Nice read that

Already said good things about him in the media

“Robbie has impressed me as a young, ambitious and talented coach,” said Allardyce.

“It’s great for me to be able to promote a young man up to this position.

“I don’t think he quite realises the honour I have bestowed on him just yet, because these jobs are rare – there’s only 20 of them in the best league in the world – and he has a chance to grow.

“I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think he had the capabilities, and hopefully he will blossom as one of the coaches of the future as many of the backroom staff who have worked with me have gone on to greater things over the last 10 or 12 years.

“I think Robbie can develop and evolve into a very, very good coach indeed.

“As a session coach, Robbie has excellent potential.

“It’s all about what he wants to be, and now he has got the opportunity to step up and get involved with the senior boys.

“Certainly in my time here, he has mastered that challenge already.

“Having a young up-and-coming coach with the drive to be better and get better is important to me.

“Hopefully he can be guided on to become as successful as many a coach who has worked with me before.”

Off to the England set up

He was protracted as some kind of numpty not long ago on here .

Yeah all the papers and BBC reported yesterday that Allardyce has spoken to Bayern Munich. Stockdale appears to be held in very high regard by all at the Club so it would be a hefty kick in the pods if he did leave.
Yeah hopefully your right it does make sense I think Short would explode if it happened

Yeah hopefully your right it does make sense I think Short would explode if it happened

He's been at the club 4 years now, both he and Kevin Ball appear to be well liked by Short. As others have said we are slowly developing a bit of a boot room, as in really good blokes to have around like part of the furniture. Obviously they need to be good at their roles too but it hopefully builds continuity so the manager leaving isn't so seismic. Hopefully Moyes doesn't upset what we have in place. Stockdale will want to manage eventually by the sounds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back