Piers Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure why KP still being discussed. He won't ever play for England again. He's South African anyway.
His English mother and I think, wife, fully entitle him to play for England, which also accepts players from other nationalities such as Scottish, Irish and Welsh by right.

Bullshit Weekly magazine maybe?

Swann was quoted as saying "get that South African c*** out of our team" and when someone as mild mannered as Andrew Struass
And South African?

Last edited:
I think the one thing just about everyone would agree on is that KP was one of the most talented players ever to play for England, but KPs time has been and gone now. He should be remembered for the fabulous knocks he had, and not the other stuff, but he won't be, Piers Morgan is seeing to that, the more he defends KP, the bigger the hole he digs for him.

KP 'WAS' a great player, but he also turned his back on his country of birth, and then "betrayed" his adopted country's captain, fantastic player yes, trustworthy team mate and someone you'd want guarding your back, never.

The most cringeworthy part of that whole interview was listening to Brian Moore trying to counter Morgan's argument. Moore's pathetic babbling of "Name your source, name your source" rather than put forward a creditable defence of his own reasons for defending his views were utterly embarrassing.

Classic Talk Sport though - an on air argument between 2 people who don't have the first clue about the sport they're commenting on.
I loved the bit where Morgan said, "You aren't qualified to comment as you played with an egg", to which Moore replied "Ovoid actually". Now I don't speak a lot of Latin, but...

Roy Keane was the ultimate team player so not sure why you've compared the two tbh. He fell out with team mates when he didn't feel they were living up to his high standards in regards to effort and commitment.
So all of them bar one then.

KP 'WAS' a great player, but he also turned his back on his country of birth, and then "betrayed" his adopted country's captain, fantastic player yes, trustworthy team mate and someone you'd want guarding your back, never.
So did Prior, only his father was English. Several others recently too.

Last edited:
On Talkshite just now.

Seems that Broad, Anderson, Prior and Cook didn't want him in so therefore he's out.

Nothing we didn't already know I suppose but coming from him (KP's official mouthpiece) probably means that's the truth. Or as near as we're going to get to it.

As far as the four in question are concerned - KP probably deserves his place more than those at present.

He should of been sacked 2 years, ago what that arsehole doesn't realise was it was those same players that got him and extra 2 years in test cricket.

He is past his best, and when someone who is basically a complete arsehole is past their best, you move him in.

Why is this a discussion? The young batsmen coming in and performing well, there are obviously issues, but the days of KP constantly blasting these 100s are over.

Move on from him, he's an utter scumbag, and the fact he uses Piers Morgan as his mouthpiece says it all.

The fact that such a mild-mannered, universally respected nice guy like Strauss called him what he did, shows you the ridiculous nature of his behaviour

I love all this bollocks about Pietersen only being ousted because he "doesn't toe the line" and the "old boys brigade" don't like him. How many other teams would have even let him back after the text messaging stuff?

Would we tolerate a senior Sunderland player sending texts to Newcastle players taking the piss?

He is past it anyway.

Exactly

Cook and Prior in particular saved him, as the ECB was going to sack him, why nobody mentions this I have no idea.

He is on his way out anyway

We miss Trott and Swann, not KP in the slightest.

heard him when he came on this morning,

he seemed to miss a very obvious point.. he is not in any sort of form (and Dants said that he is not even playing 4 day cricket now so he cant play anyway)

So did Prior, only his father was English. Several others recently too.

Yes there's been dozens of players who turned down the chance to play for their country and chose England instead, and 99% of them represented England with pride. As far as it's publicly known only KP betrayed his captain to the opposition.

Yes there's been dozens of players who turned down the chance to play for their country and chose England instead, and 99% of them represented England with pride. As far as it's publicly known only KP betrayed his captain to the opposition.
:lol::lol::lol:

Yes mate. Obviously he spent the entirety of his 104 test matches and 136 ODIs despising England, and every one of his more than 12500 international runs, 32 tons and 60 half centuries was grudgingly scored while inwardly fuming wishing he was playing for somebody else. The punters too all want to spend upwards of £100 watching the current 'proud' bunch, so dedicated to the cause they could hardly be arsed to come out after tea one day last week.

Give me strength.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes mate. Obviously he spent the entirety of his 104 test matches and 136 ODIs despising England, and every one of his more than 12500 international runs, 32 tons and 60 half centuries was grudgingly scored while inwardly fuming wishing he was playing for somebody else. The punters too all want to spend upwards of £100 watching the current 'proud' bunch, so dedicated to the cause they could hardly be arsed to come out after tea one day last week.

Give me strength.

I never doubted his talent, or his run scoring record, but what he did to his captain midway during a test was inexcusable, and not the action of someone who had any pride in his team.

I never doubted his talent, or his run scoring record, but what he did to his captain midway during a test was inexcusable, and not the action of someone who had any pride in his team.
I still know who I'd rather pay to watch. The current team's attitude towards the game, spectators and even probably the opposition and umpires is disgraceful at times.

I still know who I'd rather pay to watch. The current team's attitude towards the game, spectators and even probably the opposition and umpires is disgraceful at times.

I've paid to watch teams with KP in many times, and would again if it was the KP pre the Strauss incident, but for me and many England supporters what he did was just wrong on so many levels.

What the current side needs is someone with KPs ability without the massive ego, but I fear one and the other go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back