Piers Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
The term "nice guys" is too black and white - no harm in someone with a bit of an edge, but when you are divisive and disruptive to the point where the team's performance is affected by your presence then I'd say that person should be removed from the team.
You've won...you've got your wish.he's been humiliated and dropped. Why let an ex newspaper non entity wind you up?

Funny how so many people want him back in the team as captain then.

Who are these people? You, your Mum, your cat......anyone else?

You've won...you've got your wish.he's been humiliated and dropped. Why let an ex newspaper non entity wind you up?
I am a fan of Kevin Pietersen the cricketer, but not Kevin Pietersen the man, nor the ego. Having stand up screaming rows with (yet another) coach and captain in the middle of a vital Ashes series cannot be forgiven. Sending derogatory texts about the England captain to the opposition should not have been forgiven. Throwing his wicket away at vital moments of the Ashes series that confirmed he was playing for himself and not the team, taking no part in team ethos or spirit cannot be forgiven.

Not quite sure how you can state he's been "humiliated" - if they had simply ignored him and not picked him without reasoning then you could argue that, but the ECB were quite clear about their reasons - it's only when Pietersen broke ranks and released previously embargoed information that the ECB responded with more details.

As for Morgan - he doesn't "wind me up" - I feel free to comment as I see it. Sadly, the likes of Pietersen cannot see that Morgan is simply backing him for the publicity. He's a bit like Adrian Durham - he will argue against popular or majority opinions to sell newspapers or get people phoning in to TV/Radio shows.

Last edited:
Do they? I think most England fans would like to see a winning team. Having Pietersen in the team is no guarantee of that - don't forget he is one of a select few to have played in 2 Ashes whitewashes
Not having him in seems to guarantee not winning. So perhaps it's worth a try.

Who are these people? You, your Mum, your cat......anyone else?

I am a fan of Kevin Pietersen the cricketer, but not Kevin Pietersen the man, nor the ego. Having stand up screaming rows with (yet another) coach and captain in the middle of a vital Ashes series cannot be forgiven. Sending derogatory texts about the England captain to the opposition should not have been forgiven. Throwing his wicket away at vital moments of the Ashes series that confirmed he was playing for himself and not the team, taking no part in team ethos or spirit cannot be forgiven.

Not quite sure how you can state he's been "humiliated" - if they had simply ignored him and not picked him without reasoning then you could argue that, but the ECB were quite clear about their reasons - it's only when Pietersen broke ranks and released previously embargoed information that the ECB responded with more details.

As for Morgan - he doesn't "wind me up" - I feel free to comment as I see it. Sadly, the likes of Pietersen cannot see that Morgan is simply backing him for the publicity. He's a bit like Adrian Durham - he will argue against popular or majority opinions to sell newspapers or get people phoning in to TV/Radio shows.
I am indifferent to KP. He was a good batsman who's powers have been on the wane for a while. But, to me, he was a South African playing for England. This was my issue. Morgan doesn't even register with me.

Do they? I think most England fans would like to see a winning team. Having Pietersen in the team is no guarantee of that - don't forget he is one of a select few to have played in 2 Ashes whitewashes
The "winning" bit might have to wait a while. Let's plan to ensure everyone is physically and mentally fit to last a whole series' in future. That would be a a start for me.

Not sure why KP still being discussed. He won't ever play for England again. He's South African anyway.

Probably cos he is easily the best batsman available to us.

Come on man! You don't need to be inside the camp to know that! The fact that half the team were following and retweeting the fake KP twitter account, it's documented that Cook, Prior, Broad and Anderson didn't like him, Swann was quoted as saying "get that South African c*** out of our team" and when someone as mild mannered as Andrew Struass calls him an "absolute cunt" I think you know where he sat in the popularity stakes

The best players tend to be unpopular. The human can be very jealous.

Haven't seen any fake Jimmy Anderson or Stuart Broad accounts - they have been our best bowlers for the last 5 years

Is he available though? In what circumstances could he return now? Were we imagining his powers were waning? How has he done this summer?

He is history, like it or not. Arguments now are academic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back