PES 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't play it then?
I'll not be once Fifa comes. Just pointing out that I see people talking about how great it is and while it is an improvement, there's some basic things that are just stupid. Nobody can play this game and think the refs are from anything but 1998 games.

I downloaded FIFA overnight, for me it's not a decision of which is better, PES or FIFA, it's the playability of both and they are BOTH class, FIFA looks amazing and plays well also PES is a very very good football simulator, both Konami and EA should be applauded on two cracking games

I downloaded FIFA overnight, for me it's not a decision of which is better, PES or FIFA, it's the playability of both and they are BOTH class, FIFA looks amazing and plays well also PES is a very very good football simulator, both Konami and EA should be applauded on two cracking games
Not sure if serious...

I'll not be once Fifa comes. Just pointing out that I see people talking about how great it is and while it is an improvement, there's some basic things that are just stupid. Nobody can play this game and think the refs are from anything but 1998 games.
Bet you're just shit at it. Metacritic is often spot on and atm it is ahead of FIFA due to universal acclaim. Soz

Bet you're just shit at it. Metacritic is often spot on and atm it is ahead of FIFA due to universal acclaim. Soz
Wouldn't say I was shit. Online record etc is canny. I just find lack of fouls and perfect through balls a joke.

Right... given it 6 games online and 2 off. Afraid to say it isn't as good as the reviews made out. Defending is terrible, I can score directly from the kickoff 50% of the time just by dribbling through their team. Every game finishes with at least 4/5 goals per team. No build-up play at all. Far too arcadey. Unless they've properly buggered FIFA 16 up, I probably won't be going back to it. :(

You've just described Fifa 15 at launch :lol: Fifa 16 and PES will both have problems on release which will be sorted through patches

People are just soooooo desperate for PES to be good they're prepared to lie to themselves about its shortcomings. I was never a PES fan (once I've learnt a control scheme I'm fucked if I can get my head around a different one - square button to shoot ffs) so I'm not clammering for it to be better than Fifa.

EA Sports....if it's in the game....IT'S IN THE GAME!!!!

You've just described Fifa 15 at launch :lol: Fifa 16 and PES will both have problems on release which will be sorted through patches
Hmm. Not sure how on the ball Konami are since I haven't played PES for years, but EA generally release a day 1 patch to fix one or two of the issues, then another 3 months later to fix a badge alignment issue on El Qataris third strip. Whoopeee.

Hmm. Not sure how on the ball Konami are since I haven't played PES for years, but EA generally release a day 1 patch to fix one or two of the issues, then another 3 months later to fix a badge alignment issue on El Qataris third strip. Whoopeee.
Day 1 patch to roll gameplay back to FIFA 14, you mean?

Day 1 patch to roll gameplay back to FIFA 14, you mean?

I remember they released a FIFA a few years back with 'be the goalie', but it made the AI defenders so OP, people just switched to playing as the GK as soon as the ball came in their half... they got rid of that 'feature' pretty quick!

(FIFA 14 was shite. 15 was streets ahead... IMO of course.)

I remember they released a FIFA a few years back with 'be the goalie', but it made the AI defenders so OP, people just switched to playing as the GK as soon as the ball came in their half... they got rid of that 'feature' pretty quick!

(FIFA 14 was shite. 15 was streets ahead... IMO of course.)

I loved 15 at first i was mint had 1 loss to 12 win record for the first few months because i could actually defend , then they put the contain bullshit back to 14 standard and it was just bollocks, plus the whole ultimate team market being fucked

i just can't be arsed with it anymore

Full squad updates not out until 29th October for offline modes. Online update 1st October. Shocking that. How can you release a football game without correct squads, then take 6 weeks to implement an update?

If I didn't dislike this year's fifa so much I'd have instantly returned my copy

Full squad updates not out until 29th October for offline modes. Online update 1st October. Shocking that. How can you release a football game without correct squads, then take 6 weeks to implement an update?

If I didn't dislike this year's fifa so much I'd have instantly returned my copy
That's just pathetic tbh. They must have paid a fortune for these best game of the year awards because it's simply half a game with a pile of gamebreaking errors and awful online

Prioritisation call... get a game out that works, or focus on updating teams & stats etc.

Well, you've got me confused.PES 2016
Do you like it or not?
I do to an extent. Human v human it's at its best although the tackling is still broken. Online I've had a few games that have been spot on but just as many have had awful button lag. I don't play either game offline but transfers a whole month after the game comes out for offline players is a Piss take.

Prioritisation call... get a game out that works, or focus on updating teams & stats etc.

I don't understand why this is something hard to get right. A game should be released as ready. It's not a minor omission. I've got no interest in playing a football game with out of date squads and player attributes.

The gameplay is certainly better than previous years, but whilst having unlicensed sides is not the end of the world, having 2014 squads and attributes is just amateur

I don't understand why this is something hard to get right. A game should be released as ready. It's not a minor omission. I've got no interest in playing a football game with out of date squads and player attributes.
The gameplay is certainly better than previous years, but whilst having unlicensed sides is not the end of the world, having 2014 squads and attributes is just amateur

There's so many other things to consider apart from making the game... TV/Press advert slots would have been booked months before release date, press interviews scheduled way in advance... Also a lot of the game devplopers will probably be booked in to start work on other games as soon as PES drops. The deadline IS the deadline and nothing bar a MASSIVE bollock-drop or an unplayable game will move this.
Chances are it just took them longer to fix bugs, write code, test etc than they anticipated...and they will have written their project plans 12 months (maybe longer) in advance! It happens all the time, not just with PES, or within the games industry!

There's so many other things to consider apart from making the game... TV/Press advert slots would have been booked months before release date, press interviews scheduled way in advance... Also a lot of the game devplopers will probably be booked in to start work on other games as soon as PES drops. The deadline IS the deadline and nothing bar a MASSIVE bollock-drop or an unplayable game will move this.
Chances are it just took them longer to fix bugs, write code, test etc than they anticipated...and they will have written their project plans 12 months (maybe longer) in advance! It happens all the time, not just with PES, or within the games industry!

I understand why they didn't delay the game. I'm saying it's shoddy that they didn't have it complete.

The thing I find funny is that this is the first year in a long, long time that PES has better reviews and is considered better than FIFA, yet the amount of FIFA players still taking a dump over PES is crazy.

If people want to play PES with its dodgy lack of refereeing decisions, then let them. If people prefer to play FIFA and look to build up an ultimate team of the same players they did last year and the year before that, let them.

The fact is, its great that there is finally a contender to FIFA again which gives people more choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back