Personal Allowance to rise an extra £2k in next Conservative government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funded by a mansion tax and raising inheritance tax so I hear

From £10.5k to £12.5k

And 40p Threshold to rise from £41k to £50k

What he fails to mention is that you had to earn £37,400 before hitting 40% in 2010, but its down to something like £31,400 now after your PA, so just reversing what he has done over the last 5 years so that he gets back in again

Consensus seems to be that he has won "Conference Season" by a mile, according to the Guardian

They said the Mags won the transfur winda too!

Wonder why they haven't attempted to deliver it while they're in power? I mean, little old cynical me, but if they have a grand plan which enables them to afford it in the future then why aren't they telling the voting public what they will need to do in order to deliver? Cos the introduction of such great policies like Universal Credit are going to ruin any future budgeting plans. Joining in the Air War in Iraq is going to hike up the 'Defence Budget'. Everything appears to lead to more costs and more public sector borrowing and here they go saying they'll also forgo loads of taxation revenue.

Sounds like an extremely hollow promise to me, unless of course they've been lying about the financial straights the country is actually in. Though under this administration they've lost the Triple A rating, so mebbies they have been telling some truth ..... but then again they're politicians so I doubt it ...

"Hello, can I have a fire engine, my house is on fire"!!

"Do you have your private fire engine insurance policy number there sir"?

"Err, no, sorry. I don't have a private fire engine insurance policy"

"Oh, I am sorry sir. The nearest available public service fire engine is in Glasgow. It should be with you in about two and a half hours"

"How much is this private fire engine insurance"?

"It's about £80 a year sir"

Durham council already pulled this shit with bin collections.

2008: "Garden waste no longer allowed in main bin - here's a brown bin to put it in"
2014: "We will now be charging people £20 a year to collect brown bins"

No thanks, I will simply hide it in the green bin or throw it in the hedge.

Wonder why they haven't attempted to deliver it while they're in power? I mean, little old cynical me, but if they have a grand plan which enables them to afford it in the future then why aren't they telling the voting public what they will need to do in order to deliver? Cos the introduction of such great policies like Universal Credit are going to ruin any future budgeting plans. Joining in the Air War in Iraq is going to hike up the 'Defence Budget'. Everything appears to lead to more costs and more public sector borrowing and here they go saying they'll also forgo loads of taxation revenue.

Sounds like an extremely hollow promise to me, unless of course they've been lying about the financial straights the country is actually in. Though under this administration they've lost the Triple A rating, so mebbies they have been telling some truth ..... but then again they're politicians so I doubt it ...

The amount you can earn before tax has rose higher in this parliament than any time in history.... if they take it to 12k then that will be doubling it in less than ten years. Not exaclty bad for lower paid workers but many just fail to acknowledge it because they are so blinkered

The 40p tax rate is paid by the top 15% of earners, who will now be getting a tax cut. Raising the personal allowance to £12.5k will benefit the richest by 4 times as much as the poorest.

So, once again Tories looking after rich people, paid for by cuts to services for the poorest.

The richest don't have a personal allowance, it is phased out after £100k.

What a terrible argument anyway; don't cut taxes because some well off people might benefit too.

Ah, so to provide for the tax cuts, austerity continues?

I'd rather have health and education systems that work rather than cuts to unsustainable levels.
So far as I have heard, the health service is ring fenced from austerity. I haven't heard education policy regards finance though

From £10.5k to £12.5k

And 40p Threshold to rise from £41k to £50k
the problem is that everyone will be on the f***ing dole, sacked due to being a public sector worker so nee fucker will reap such an advantage.

So far as I have heard, the health service is ring fenced from austerity. I haven't heard education policy regards finance though

I was told the other day that Durham and Darlington NHS Trust are facing real cuts of 5% per year up to 2017.

The amount you can earn before tax has rose higher in this parliament than any time in history.... if they take it to 12k then that will be doubling it in less than ten years. Not exaclty bad for lower paid workers but many just fail to acknowledge it because they are so blinkered

precisely.

Unfortunately, some people are so obsessed with what others have got (and have strived to work for quite often) and believe that they should be on a par with them by any means.

Penalising success is always a strange argument for me. As long as people pay their fair share then whats the problem? Personally, I long for the day of a flat rate tax system that applies to everyone no matter what they earn.

Im confused.
People actually believe a word politicians say or promise in speeches?
Must have the memory of a goldfish.

precisely.

Unfortunately, some people are so obsessed with what others have got (and have strived to work for quite often) and believe that they should be on a par with them by any means.

Penalising success is always a strange argument for me. As long as people pay their fair share then whats the problem? Personally, I long for the day of a flat rate tax system that applies to everyone no matter what they earn.

I agree with the points made here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back