PC gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you go with a MacBook, you can say goodbye to most games. PC all the way.

It's only free in the first year and the reason to wait is until the first set of patches come out and all the drivers for your peripherals are there. I'd wait a few months.

Not if you install Bootcamp.

Isn't that like saying it's ok to shag a bloke as long as he's wearing a dress? :lol:

Not particularly seeing as there is little difference between an HP laptop running Windows and a Mac running Windows via Bootcamp barring the keyboard discrepancies.

Referring to your main point, you don't say goodbye to any games at all.

I don't know who that is. I'm sure it's relevant to your point (inaccurate as it is) though.

I don't know who that is. I'm sure it's relevant to your point (inaccurate as it is) though.
It was quite obvious that when I referred to a MacBook it meant MacBook and it's included OSX ya bellend not a separately bought Windows installed via Bootcamp.
Typical mag wanker.

:lol:

Calm down petal and stop giving incorrect information out. You said you could wave goodbye to most games if you have a Mac. This is not true if you use BootCamp, you mentioned nothing about the additional windows licence cost.

Can you play your whole PC games collection on a Mac via BootCamp? Yes or no?

Calm down petal and stop giving incorrect information out. You said you could wave goodbye to most games if you have a Mac. This is not true if you use BootCamp, you mentioned nothing about the additional windows licence cost.

Maybe it should have been re-phrased to "wave goodbye to most games if you have OS X".

Wrong, Bootcamp is just a multi bootloader, not an OS. You HAVE to buy Windows separately and have it installed.

So when you buy a Mac, you don't get Windows and therefore you do say goodbye to most games.

Maybe it should have been re-phrased to "wave goodbye to most games if you have OS X".
Saying as a Macbook only comes with OSX and you have to have Windows bought and installed separately.. the OSX is a 'given' to anyone that's sensible. But then again he is a mag.

On a Mac can you buy Windows and install it via Bootcamp and therefore not 'wave goodbye to most games'?

It's 'Seeing as' btw. Are you also 'a mag'?

On a Mac can you buy Windows and install it via Bootcamp and therefore not 'wave goodbye to most games'?

It's 'Seeing as' btw. Are you also 'a mag'?

Hence my original comment "Isn't that like saying it's ok to shag a bloke as long as he's wearing a dress? :lol:"

By changing the OS to Windows, you have so completely changed what the essence of the system is that it's more accurately described as a Windows PC that uses hardware from Intel and nVidia and a case from Apple.

You can argue that by Apple slapping a "MacBook" label on the case makes it a Mac, but that's just being pedantic to the extreme and just does not equate with anyone that works with computers or has any sense.

Anyone with any sense regards a Mac as the hardware AND OS. Which means a Macbook is running OSX and you say goodbye to most games.

It's "fuck right off you black and white bastard" btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: mux
Disregarding bootcamp, even if you have a macbook pro the graphics performance isn't all that from personal experience. Struggles with some games you really wouldn't expect.

Hence my original comment "Isn't that like saying it's ok to shag a bloke as long as he's wearing a dress? :lol:"

By changing the OS to Windows, you have so completely changed what the essence of the system is that it's more accurately described as a Windows PC that uses hardware from Intel and nVidia and a case from Apple.

You can argue that by Apple slapping a "MacBook" label on the case makes it a Mac, but that's just being pedantic to the extreme and just does not equate with anyone that works with computers or has any sense.

Anyone with any sense regards a Mac as the hardware AND OS. Which means a Macbook is running OSX and you say goodbye to most games.

It's "fuck right off you black and white bastard" btw.

But you're first analogy doesn't work in the slightest. Barring some minor quirks a Mac performs exactly the same as, say, a Lenovo once you have installed Windows via Bootcamp. You don't wave goodbye to any games at all.

You've went off on some random tangent for the middle two sentences, no matter what software is on the system it is still a Mac which finishes with you again mentioning the team I support in an attempt to reinforce your incorrect argument.

I'll ask you again:

If you have a Mac do you wave goodbye to any games if you install Windows via Bootcamp?

But you're first analogy doesn't work in the slightest. Barring some minor quirks a Mac performs exactly the same as, say, a Lenovo once you have installed Windows via Bootcamp. You don't wave goodbye to any games at all.

You've went off on some random tangent for the middle two sentences, no matter what software is on the system it is still a Mac which finishes with you again mentioning the team I support in an attempt to reinforce your incorrect argument.

I'll ask you again:

If you have a Mac do you wave goodbye to any games if you install Windows via Bootcamp?
Mac is not Windows. Therefore no games. Fuck off

No
games now?

Your shit advice knows no bounds.

Got a Steam account but I just play with myself. Constantly.
Mate you're being a nightmare and you know it.

Your argument is that you can play all games on a Mac as long as you install Windows. You're right, but it's pedantic as fuck because nobody in their right mind would bother.

About March time I had a interview with a guy who wanted people to code a app for the app store he wanted to make a messaging service, anyway he was saying how would he make a server etc to host it. I replied well you'd need to have a lot of memory (please don't judge me on this it's just I do know servers have a lot of ram) and a an extremely powerful processor. He goes
'will this do?' pointing to his Mac book
'well um depends how much memory does it have? '
' 1tb'

'No how much MEMORY does it have?'
'1tb, look see'
He was very disappointed when I told him he only had 8gb not 1tb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back