PC Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then plug a joypad in and play with that then, are people really this stupid? :lol:

Also, before someone says "I like to play on a big TV", plug it into your TV then.

Maybe I'm just a genius for coming up with these radical ideas?
Just to clear things up you're not a genius :). I've got a joypad for the PC although there are games on steam not compatible that come on a console eg Rayman Legends.
I've had the PC plugged into a TV but the ratio is incorrect, which is a common problem using HDMI on a TV. I have to reduce the resolution by a few pixels but it means I'm not getting full 1080 HD.

Funny thing is, I have a gaming rig, probably better than most on here but I prefer to play on my PS4 unless I am playing an mmorpg or moba. I don't get why people are not allowed their own preference on here without being shot down with shit :lol:

You're talking to brick walls mate. You do realise that preferring a console even though you have a pc (like me) makes you inferior. You can't get 4K or anything on shit consoles and they are therfore peasant devices (markets suggest otherwise).

Common? Nah. Just change your resolution.
That's what I said I'd done in my previous post but I'm reducing the resolution lower than 1080 so have a worse resolution than a console. I'm sure it's caused by the TV overscanning.

never seen any graphics anywhere near as outstanding as them
You probably need to play a bigger variation of games on a variety of platforms. Oh hang on, aren't you the numbnuts that came asking about changing kits on pro evo a week or two back?

The good thing with PC owners is that you don't need to ask them what they play on, they'll make sure they let you know they are on PC. Several times actually (just in case you forget) and they will certainly let you know how much money the spent on it.

FPS bro

You can tell a PC player by the smell before they tell you.

That's what I said I'd done in my previous post but I'm reducing the resolution lower than 1080 so have a worse resolution than a console. I'm sure it's caused by the TV overscanning.
I have a 4k tv and mine works perfectly fine with pc ;)

Yes I'm a dick :lol:

I own all of them and this is my take on it...

I find for online multiplayer shooters or sports games like fifa, then Ps4 is best.

For party games, fitness stuff and watching a film then xbox one.

For everything graphically intensive, mmo, single player rpg or indie then pc wins.

Also pc games themselves are much cheaper than console. So that offsets the price of the pc somewhat.

Each have their own advantages. Then there is exclusives like uncharted and halo etc.

I change platform depending on my mood and what I'm doing. PC is not entirely better because it's more fragmented in my opinion but steam is doing a good job at rectifying that.

I have a 4k tv and mine works perfectly fine with pc ;)

Yes I'm a dick :lol:

I own all of them and this is my take on it...

I find for online multiplayer shooters or sports games like fifa, then Ps4 is best.

For party games, fitness stuff and watching a film then xbox one.

For everything graphically intensive, mmo, single player rpg or indie then pc wins.

Also pc games themselves are much cheaper than console. So that offsets the price of the pc somewhat.

Each have their own advantages. Then there is exclusives like uncharted and halo etc.

I change platform depending on my mood and what I'm doing. PC is not entirely better because it's more fragmented in my opinion but steam is doing a good job at rectifying that.

Good post.

it's more fragmented in my opinion but steam is doing a good job at rectifying that.
I can play games on my PC in 2015 that were made in 1996 for a much weaker and radically different system, whereas there's been 8 versions of PS/xbox that have minimal compatibility, have fundamentally different hardware and OSs

The PC is THE least fragmented gaming system of all time.

There's something wrong with you then because the biggest multiplayer shooters have all been mostly on the PC. All the "pro" gamers use PCs in tournaments because they constantly wipe the floor with console players.
Explain how FIFA can be better on a PS4 than a PC?

The only thing from your list that made any sense is the fitness stuff on the xbox which was a shitty fad for a year back in 2012.

You can tell a PC player by the smell before they tell you.
You can tell a console player by their immature comments

Last edited:
I can play games on my PC in 2015 that were made in 1996 for a much weaker and radically different system, whereas there's been 8 versions of PS/xbox that have minimal compatibility, have fundamentally different hardware and OSs

There's something wrong with you then because the biggest multiplayer shooters have all been mostly on the PC. All the "pro" gamers use PCs in tournaments because they constantly wipe the floor with console players.

The only thing from your list that made any sense is the fitness stuff on the xbox which was a shitty fad for a year back in 2012.

oosh!

I'm a PC gamer (for the most part) and I smell flipping lush!

:lol: because the old "PC master race" crack is really mature.

I have amiga and Sega emulators on my pc too. That part is great.

However when I say fragmented, I mean you have origin, uplay, steam etc. People don't communicate on the same platform because you have Skype, teamspeak, vent and mumble.

Then on top of that everyone has different hardware which means that games aren't always optimised for your pc.

I am not saying pc isn't great but it's not all roses. You play a game on ps4/xbox and it just works without any fuss or thought.

More players play on cod, battlefield, destiny or fifa on console and it's easier to pair up or make friends. It's the same game on pc but less players are on these games.

Why the fuck would you want to? It's always a disappointing bore-fest which ruins your great memories of the games.

I've got a really good gaming PC but I always find myself going back to my roots playing on consoles. My way of thinking can't accept a mouse and keyboard being used for gaming.

Ii can't bear aiming without a mouse and keyboard.

Why the fuck would you want to? It's always a disappointing bore-fest which ruins your great memories of the games.

CM0102?
Older Civ games
Old console emulators and MAME?

Plenty of old games

Choice.. There's loads of old games on steam that are dirt cheap that are 10-15 years old and play just fine.

You'll find that a lot of really old games were just shit.. and that standards (not technology) has increased.

Last edited:
Choice.. There's loads of old games on steam that are dirt cheap that are 10-15 years old and play just fine.

You'll find that a lot of really old games were just shit.. and that standards (not technology) has increased.
That's the magic word I was looking for. Choice!

It's the pc's strength and weakness all at the same time.

That's the magic word I was looking for. Choice!

It's the pc's strength and weakness all at the same time.

I see PC gaming similar in ways to how audiophiles look at amplifiers or videophiles look at 4k TV's.
It can take more research, but the rewards are that you have a better and more powerful system.

But with Steam big picture and the fact you can plug controllers in, it's just plug and play gaming like a console.

Best of both worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back