Patrick Roberts

Joelinton pulled up with a hamstring injury a few weeks ago and limped off, he then started the next game. We have a player walk off with a little knock and they’re out for months.
Joelinton did then go off injured against us like tbf
Ekwah - dead leg - out for over a month
Cirkin - felt his hamstring - out for the season - needs operation
Roberts - ???? we may never see him again
Our record with injuries is an absolute joke - probably another dept/area of the club suffering from being ran on a shoestring if we are honest. All areas are like this and maybe we need to wake up to the fact it's all from the very top instead of blaming First Team Coach, Head of Recruitment, COO, Safety Officer, etc.... for the never ending stream of shit shows from every section of the club.
Ekwah had a haematoma not just a simple dead leg. Cirkin had to have surgery on his hamstring so it's obviously not just "felt his hamstring". Roberts obviously looked liked he'd be out for a few weeks with the way he pulled up.
Hold on so Alese being rushed back and getting injured again is bad. But also being cautious and not rushing players back is bad? Which is it?

Last edited:
Joelinton did then go off injured against us like tbf

Ekwah had a haematoma not just a simple dead leg. Cirkin had to have surgery on his hamstring so it's obviously not just "felt his hamstring". Roberts obviously looked liked he'd be out for a few weeks with the way he pulled up.
Hold on so Alese being rushed back and getting injured again is bad. But also being cautious and not rushing players back is bad? Which is it?
Telling supporters one thing when the reality is nothing like that is bad.

I can understand not giving away too much information to the opposition in the run up to a game and if that's the case then fine, but with the behind the scenes stuff at the club its as if they just don't want to give out bad news and just slip it in at a later date when people are distracted by other stuff. They're just like the government for letting bad news leak and let it flow until it is accepted by most so that when the official announcement is made nobody is bothered.

Telling supporters one thing when the reality is nothing like that is bad.

I can understand not giving away too much information to the opposition in the run up to a game and if that's the case then fine, but with the behind the scenes stuff at the club its as if they just don't want to give out bad news and just slip it in at a later date when people are distracted by other stuff. They're just like the government for letting bad news leak and let it flow until it is accepted by most so that when the official announcement is made nobody is bothered.
I mean literally every club does it like there's a been a few times key players are a doubt and then miraculously they play a full 90 against us. Its just all part of the sports psychology of it. Wenger was an absolute master of it in his pressers.

There's also the possibility that the people reporting bend the truth to get clicks. The media certainly isn't above that. And then there's injuries that may seem not too bad at first but later scans show its worse. Also players could think they are okay but once they start doing a bit of training again it turns out it didn't heal properly.

I think he definitely would have improved us and helped but I don't think Newcastle would be concerned either way, same if Ross Stewart was playing.

They were light years ahead of us tbf. However when we actually ran at them in the final third, rather than slow down, check inside and play a ball to no one they didn't look brilliant at the back, Pritchard showed composure and done that on a few occasions.

It wouldn't have changed the result but the one thing Roberts can do is run with the ball at his feet and dribble and he's got better close control than Clarke, so we may have given a slightly better account of ourselves than the limp shite we put on display- even Ba in a 5 minute cameo showed it was possible.

Slight calf strain and was to be assessed before the Newcastle game, now out until next month.

Was it a case of trying to keep them guessing in the run up to the Cup game, or is it a case of us not taking any chances?

Just seems another case of something that should keep a player out for a game or two ending up with them out a hell of a lot longer.
Not in Speakmans plans.

Do you know what, at the time I thought that.

Looking back , I think we proper could’ve done with him.
We really missed him. One player I would've liked to have seen against the Mags. Think he would've twisted burn inside out. Gets you up the pitch, and plays with composure(except for in the box).Was gutted when he went off down Rotherham
They were light years ahead of us tbf. However when we actually ran at them in the final third, rather than slow down, check inside and play a ball to no one they didn't look brilliant at the back, Pritchard showed composure and done that on a few occasions.

It wouldn't have changed the result but the one thing Roberts can do is run with the ball at his feet and dribble and he's got better close control than Clarke, so we may have given a slightly better account of ourselves than the limp shite we put on display- even Ba in a 5 minute cameo showed it was possible.
He would've been ideal for this game. Gutted he was injured for it

Last edited:
I dont think we are missing Roberts as such, we are just missing a natural right winger.

Roberts has contributed practically zero goals and assists but theres a huge gap there without him

Back